Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Looking for resources!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Megazell

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Looking for resources!   Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Hey,

I am currently completing chapter 2 of my soon to be released comic book that is using public domain characters with some of my copyrighted and trademarked characters.

Here are some sample pictures from the NYCBM preview book...

http://joebadon.blogspot.com/2011/01/pages-i-did-artwork-for-from-comic.html

http://joebadon.blogspot.com/2011/02/santo-malo-pages-9-and-10.html

Joe Badon is the artist and I'm the writer/creator.

I am using the following public domain characters:

Black Angel

Clock

Gun Master

Nightro

The Spider

I am looking for more images of them and I am coming up with just the stuff from Wikia. Does anyone know of another spot that may have more images of these characters?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bchat



Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Digital Comics Museum has plenty of free comic book files you can view online which contain appearances for the characters you mention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megazell

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 pm

bchat wrote:
Digital Comics Museum has plenty of free comic book files you can view online which contain appearances for the characters you mention.

Thanks.

The two really hard characters to get images of are Gun Master and Nightro. When my idea was more of novel...it was not big deal since I could describe it away. Now that I went graphic novel (18/66 Pages completed) it's been a journey getting images of these two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bchat



Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-05-15
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 am

Megazell wrote:
bchat wrote:
Digital Comics Museum has plenty of free comic book files you can view online which contain appearances for the characters you mention.

Thanks.

The two really hard characters to get images of are Gun Master and Nightro. When my idea was more of novel...it was not big deal since I could describe it away. Now that I went graphic novel (18/66 Pages completed) it's been a journey getting images of these two.

Hillman's Gun Master appeared in Clue Comics v1 issues 10-12, and v2 issues 1-3 (with two stories in issues 1 & 2).
Lev Gleason's Nightro appeared in Daredevil Comics issues 2-8.

That's all the appearances that I know of for those two characters. DCM has all the Daredevil issues but is missing the last two appearances of Gun Master.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
great dude



Posts : 274
Join date : 2011-01-02

PostSubject: Real cool   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:06 am

Megazell wrote:
Hey,

I am currently completing chapter 2 of my soon to be released comic book that is using public domain characters with some of my copyrighted and trademarked characters.

Here are some sample pictures from the NYCBM preview book...

http://joebadon.blogspot.com/2011/01/pages-i-did-artwork-for-from-comic.html

http://joebadon.blogspot.com/2011/02/santo-malo-pages-9-and-10.html

Joe Badon is the artist and I'm the writer/creator.

I am using the following public domain characters:

Black Angel

Clock

Gun Master

Nightro

The Spider

I am looking for more images of them and I am coming up with just the stuff from Wikia. Does anyone know of another spot that may have more images of these characters?
Wow,that is real cool,
When will it be released?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megazell

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:44 pm

great dude wrote:
Megazell wrote:
Hey,

I am currently completing chapter 2 of my soon to be released comic book that is using public domain characters with some of my copyrighted and trademarked characters.

Here are some sample pictures from the NYCBM preview book...

http://joebadon.blogspot.com/2011/01/pages-i-did-artwork-for-from-comic.html

http://joebadon.blogspot.com/2011/02/santo-malo-pages-9-and-10.html

Joe Badon is the artist and I'm the writer/creator.

I am using the following public domain characters:

Black Angel

Clock

Gun Master

Nightro

The Spider

I am looking for more images of them and I am coming up with just the stuff from Wikia. Does anyone know of another spot that may have more images of these characters?
Wow,that is real cool,
When will it be released?

Not 100% set on a date. I wrote this story years ago as a novel that was never published. I did a few local comic strips from HS, to College and later a local paper but this is my first rodeo with a full comic.

So far I scripted 66 pages which encompasses the main story of my character in his later years as a retired mask. So for 18 pages are drawn with some minor edits being made here and there.

I collect comics from dead universes so I wrote some of the characters I liked growing up reading from my dead universe collection.

I won a grant and so here I am. I would love to have this out by summer time since the book takes place in the summer of 77.

I like to make the cosutmes in RL also before I use the characters as they were in the comic. I made one for my main character. I am working on a Clock, Nightro and Black Angel costume to take some photos with.

If anyone knows any artists looking for work send them my way Smile I have a solid one with Joe Badon so far but I have some other stories I am working on also around this story and I am applying for another local grant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megazell

avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:51 pm

bchat wrote:
Megazell wrote:
bchat wrote:
Digital Comics Museum has plenty of free comic book files you can view online which contain appearances for the characters you mention.

Thanks.

The two really hard characters to get images of are Gun Master and Nightro. When my idea was more of novel...it was not big deal since I could describe it away. Now that I went graphic novel (18/66 Pages completed) it's been a journey getting images of these two.

Hillman's Gun Master appeared in Clue Comics v1 issues 10-12, and v2 issues 1-3 (with two stories in issues 1 & 2).
Lev Gleason's Nightro appeared in Daredevil Comics issues 2-8.

That's all the appearances that I know of for those two characters. DCM has all the Daredevil issues but is missing the last two appearances of Gun Master.

Thank you very much for your help.

Currently, I am wrapping up my page scripts for chapter 3.

After some investigation the public domain status of The Spider seems murky to me.

I wrote this really awesome dialog btw Nigthro, Clock and my own character that seems like a perfect fit. I can writer Spider in and out of it but for now I took him out until I get some conclusive info on him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   

Back to top Go down
 
Looking for resources!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» All my resources - C4D's/Stocks
» X Wing Miniature Game Resources Thread.
» Solymero's Mega GFX Resources... "2011"
» Alphabet Video Game Characters!
» Transformers - War for Cybertron

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Free Universe :: New Projects :: Comics-
Jump to: