Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rules/Limitations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moocheesta

PostSubject: Rules/Limitations?   Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 am

Suppose I wanted to make a comic about the Black Terror and the Fighting Yank, but I only wanted to use their names and rough approximations of their costumes. I'd want them to have new secret identities, new origins, and new superpowers.

Is this doable, or does using those characters mean using them as-is, with their original secret identities, origins, and powers?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vagrant

PostSubject: Re: Rules/Limitations?   Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:26 pm

You can change up everything you want to change, as long as its not too similar to changes made by another existing version that couldn't reasonably be derived from the original version. Also, your comic can't have "Black Terror" in its title, as Dynamite Entertainment have the name trademarked for comic titles at the very least, I believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
argosail

PostSubject: Re: Rules/Limitations?   Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Yeah, you can take or leave any aspect of a PD character. Think of it this way...you, as a member of the public, own the character. Do as you see fit. Just don't use copyrighted ideas or trademarked names on the cover of a comic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules/Limitations?   

Back to top Go down

Rules/Limitations?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1