The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lost Worlds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

Lost Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Lost Worlds   Lost Worlds EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:36 am

Recently got directed to this site that lists the many dinosaur-infested "lost lands" in various media. Many of them are PD, and the list can be checked by time period, which makes finding the ones that are fairly easy. So, if you want to send some characters on a class lost world adventure, here's where you can find directions for them!

http://www.dinosaurcentral.com/lost_worlds.php
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Lost Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Worlds   Lost Worlds EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Nice list...I especially like all the cool images and maps. Most of the named locations are already listed on the Free Universe Atlas page, except Slumber Mountain...that'sa new one. They did miss one subterranean world called Plutonia whi h is under Alaska, but I didn't hear about the one under Bosnia. I really like the images of Caprona... I didn't know it had been featured in a comic and an old movie...that's awesome....
Back to top Go down
Thunder Lad

Lost Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Worlds   Lost Worlds EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Are there any ancient mythical underwater civilizations other then Atlantis?
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

Lost Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Worlds   Lost Worlds EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:45 am

Thunder Lad wrote:
Are there any ancient mythical underwater civilizations other then Atlantis?

Sure are! Off the top of my head, there's Mu, Lemuria and Lyonesse. There are plenty of other mythic lands that aren't under water, as well...
Back to top Go down
Thunder Lad

Lost Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Worlds   Lost Worlds EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:22 am

I am always starting something and not finishing it but I have a germ of an idea for a super hero from Dwarka the flooded lost city of Lord Krishna.
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

Lost Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Worlds   Lost Worlds EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 5:54 am

Funny thing, ThunderLad, I had never even heard of Dwarka until the day you posted this. I was watching a series of documentaries about ancient aliens on Netflix "watch instantly." In an episode about underwater cities, they talked about Dwarka. According to legend, at one point Ajuna attacked the city by hurling down lightning bolts from his flying chariot. Krishna responded by shooting back giant arrows that launched with a might roar and glistened like sun beams. To the ancient astronaut theorists, this seemed to indicate (obviously) that the two gods were warring members of an extraterrestrial race. Ajuna used energy weapons while flying by in his space ship, and Krishna responded by firing back some kinds of missile.

Don't know if any of this would help your story, but it struck me as something that might fit neatly into a comic or pulp adventure!
Back to top Go down
Thunder Lad

Lost Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Worlds   Lost Worlds EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:09 am

Thats awesome. I can use it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Worlds   Lost Worlds Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost Worlds
Page 1 of 1