The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Argosail of the Free Universe

Go down 
+8
Vagrant
great dude
bchat
golden dude
GoldenBard
PhantomofDoom
Yzz
argosail
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
argosail

argosail

Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:05 am

Thanks guys! Glad you like the new profiles. I've got another update on deck, but I'm out of town and probably won't get it out before New Years...soon though!

Bard, I had the exact same thought about the toad being somewhat akin to the Lizard...the original comic appearance doesn't specify the origin of his appearance, but it seemed like a reasonable extrapolation, given the evidence.

Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:34 am

argosail wrote:
Thanks guys! Glad you like the new profiles. I've got another update on deck, but I'm out of town and probably won't get it out before New Years...soon though!

Bard, I had the exact same thought about the toad being somewhat akin to the Lizard...the original comic appearance doesn't specify the origin of his appearance, but it seemed like a reasonable extrapolation, given the evidence.

Wow,That Is Good News,Who Is In The Update? What a Face
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Three female characters with names that start with the same letter...any guesses?
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:00 am

argosail wrote:
Three female characters with names that start with the same letter...any guesses?
Let Me Guess,The Letter"M"? cyclops
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:13 am

Good guess! But which characters? You'll find out on...mmmm...Monday!

Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:06 am

argosail wrote:
Good guess! But which characters? You'll find out on...mmmm...Monday!

madam fatal
madam satan
madam doom
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 am

Sorry dude, I actually posted the new characters on Monday, the 16th....I just forgot to mention it here.

The new characters are: Moon Girl, Miss Fury and the Magician from Mars....

Madam Fatal is probably the last character I will ever create a profile for. A "superhero" who dresses up as an old lady? Funny for sure, but I can think of more deserving heroes I'm shooting for characters that could fill out a classic superhero universe....

The next three characters will be villains who don't wear hats....

Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:42 am

argosail wrote:
Sorry dude, I actually posted the new characters on Monday, the 16th....I just forgot to mention it here.

The new characters are: Moon Girl, Miss Fury and the Magician from Mars....

Madam Fatal is probably the last character I will ever create a profile for. A "superhero" who dresses up as an old lady? Funny for sure, but I can think of more deserving heroes I'm shooting for characters that could fill out a classic superhero universe....

The next three characters will be villains who don't wear hats....

Cool,Man,Which Ones Are They? farao
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:59 am

Great stuff as usual, Argosail. I noticed that the past few updates all have 3 characters... Has it just worked out that way, or 3 your magic posting number?
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:13 am

Yeah,Man,Keep Up The Good Work.
However,I Have Some Questions To Ask You:
1.Can You Please Add More Than 3 Characters To The Free Universe Site Every Time You Do An Update?
2.Will You Be Posting More Macro Templates And Acessories Soon?
3.Did You Complete Work On The Free Universe RPG Yet?
Sorry To Keep Bothering You Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by great dude on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to be redone)
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:05 am

Haha...actually, I just post 3 at a time to keep the rows even...and because it's a magical number.

Dude, I could post six at a time, but it would take me twice as long to do the updates. I think three keeps the updates at a good pace and makes them substantial enough to be worth checking out. Plus, I like coming up with themes for each set...

RPG still needs a lot of work....

I just don't really have time for work on the macros...I'm hoping someone else will expand on the set...
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:55 am

argosail wrote:
Haha...actually, I just post 3 at a time to keep the rows even...and because it's a magical number.

Dude, I could post six at a time, but it would take me twice as long to do the updates. I think three keeps the updates at a good pace and makes them substantial enough to be worth checking out. Plus, I like coming up with themes for each set...

RPG still needs a lot of work....

I just don't really have time for work on the macros...I'm hoping someone else will expand on the set...
OK,Thank You For Telling Me,Here Are The Following Three Heroes I Hope To See In One Of The Upcoming Updates:The Hangman,The Raven(Ace),And The Black Bat. farao

Last edited by great dude on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:27 pm

I've updated the site with Dr. Sivana, Droon and the Super-Brain.

Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm

argosail wrote:
I've updated the site with Dr. Sivana, Droon and the Super-Brain.

Wow,That Is So Cool,Keep Up The Good Work! silent
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:57 am

Hi,Argosail,Sorry To Bother You,But I Have Some Questions:
1.Which Three Characters Will Appear In The Next Update?
2.Which Characters Will Appear In The Free Universe Role-Playing Game?
3.Are You Working On Any More Role-Playing Games? pig
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:12 am

1. There will actually be 4 characters in the next update (coming very soon): 3 villains and 1 hero. All three villains are bald and badass....and none are currently on PDSH wiki, so they might be new to you. The hero is a rather forceful female.

2. The RPG is not specifically for the Free Universe, but a generic RPG system. There will be Golden Age supplements, likely featuring most of the characters on The Free Universe.

Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:25 am

argosail wrote:
1. There will actually be 4 characters in the next update (coming very soon): 3 villains and 1 hero. All three villains are bald and badass....and none are currently on PDSH wiki, so they might be new to you. The hero is a rather forceful female.

2. The RPG is not specifically for the Free Universe, but a generic RPG system. There will be Golden Age supplements, likely featuring most of the characters on The Free Universe.

Alright,That Is Good News,However,I Would Like To Know What The Name Of The RPG Is,And When The RPG And The Golden Age Supplements Will Be Released,And Where They Will Be Available From!
Keep Up The Good Work! Question

Last edited by great dude on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : it had to be re-done)
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 7:34 am

I Know The Name Of One Of The Three Villains Who Will Appear In The Next Update:The Gimp,Enemy Of The Eagle,And That Villain Is Not On The PDSH Wiki Yet! Exclamation

Last edited by great dude on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I Had To Fix Everything!)
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:56 am

New character profiles on the Free Universe site: Dablo, Fang, Mako and Yankee Girl! I've also updated Blue Beetle, Fantomah, and a few other pages.

Dude, there is still a lot of work to be done on the RPG. I wouldn't expect to see anything until at least 2014. I haven't decided on the name, and I won't reveal it early, because i don't want anyone stealing it. It will likely be distributed first through RPG Drive Through, or a similar site.

Until my game is out, you might want to check out the game Supers! on RPG Drivethrough. It is rules light and features four cheap supplements with Golden Age PD characters like Black Terror, Fighting Yank, The Shield and more!

Last edited by argosail on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:06 am

argosail wrote:
New character profiles on the Free Universe site: Dablo, Fang, Mako and Yankee Girl!

Dude, there is still a lot of work to be done on the RPG. I wouldn't expect to see anything until at least 2014. I haven't decided on the name, and I won't reveal it early, because i don't want anyone stealing it. It will likely be distributed first through RPG Drive Through, or a similar site.

Until my game is out, you might want to check out the game Supers! on RPG Drivethrough. It is rules light and features four cheap supplements with Golden Age PD characters like Black Terror, Fighting Yank, The Shield and more!
OK,Thank You For Telling Me,I'm Sorry.
BTW,The Four New Profiles On The Site Are Awesome!
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:14 am

Great stuff as usual, Argosail! I especially like the tweaks you made to Yankee Girl's costume. I never really had a problem with her costume, but the lines were always rather reminiscent of Wonder Woman with a cape. Extending the leggings and having the boots "built in" really gives it a new vibe and balances it out a little more.

Speaking of "tweaks," did you do anything to Fang? I don't think I'd ever seen him before, but I was familiar with the name. It's such a cool name that I was expecting something visually more interesting than a bald guy in a leisure suit! I have to keep reminding myself that this was the norm for most GA villains!
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:32 am

Thanks Bard.

The Fang that battled Black Fury was , unfortunately, just a tall bald guy in a green business suit, like a lot of gangster characters of the time. I liked him because he actually had superhuman abilities. I tried to play off his name a little and update his look, by giving him snake skin boots and a snkeskin jacket. I don't know if that came off. I was trying to make him look like a sleazy assassin. However, I try not to redesign the characters entirely. I want them to look reasonably similar to their golden age counterparts.

Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:39 am

argosail wrote:
Thanks Bard.

The Fang that battled Black Fury was , unfortunately, just a tall bald guy in a green business suit, like a lot of gangster characters of the time. I liked him because he actually had superhuman abilities. I tried to play off his name a little and update his look, by giving him snake skin boots and a snkeskin jacket. I don't know if that came off. I was trying to make him look like a sleazy assassin. However, I try not to redesign the characters entirely. I want them to look reasonably similar to their golden age counterparts.

Yeah,That Is Real Cool,Keep Up The Good Work! cyclops
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:10 am

Hi,Argosail,
I Have A Problem:
I Tried Accessing The Free Universe Site,
And It Didn't Appear.
Sorry To Be A Bother To You. Mad
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:19 pm

It's coming up okay on my computer....try it again and let me know if the problem persists....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argosail of the Free Universe
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next