The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster deviations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nav

Monster deviations Empty
PostSubject: Monster deviations   Monster deviations EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site but familiar with some of the public domain characters.
I've taken a rather contentious character (copyright wise) and reimagined (named and dressed) him.
I've been putting my own comic together and kinda wanted to get feedback on what I've done so far.

I'm hoping to maybe get a kickstarter fund going to publish a down and dirty (cheap) zine and
any other artist/writers who may want to contribute are welcome (as long as the theme is consistent with my own).

The comic is monster control inc, go to:

monstercontrolinc dot blogspot dot com

and let me know what you think

thanks

Nav
Back to top Go down
great dude

Monster deviations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster deviations   Monster deviations EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:34 am

Yeah,I saw it,it's real cool.
Back to top Go down
nav

Monster deviations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster deviations   Monster deviations EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Thanks man. appreciate it
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Monster deviations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster deviations   Monster deviations EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:43 am

Beautiful work brother! I'm pretty sure that Mr. Monster is free and clear in terms of being public domain. I have been considering using him in a series of short films...with the costume I'm wearing in this pic...

Monster deviations Mon-zom
Back to top Go down
nav

Monster deviations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster deviations   Monster deviations EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:36 am

Dude, you should totally make the flix! In the digital age we live in - youtube it!

Have to say I particularly dig those specs. The guy in front of you looks a tad on the thin side..he should eat more.

As far as Mr.Monster goes, I think Fred Kelly's original is in TPD but Mike Gilbert's characters

are trademarked, hence my change of name and costume in my comic (although MG's MM still looks decidedly like the original)

Anyhow thanks for the feedback, I hope to get some more stuff done and posted soon.

Let me know how you get on with the movies, the world needs more monster smashers.

take care buddy
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

Monster deviations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster deviations   Monster deviations EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:24 am

Just had a chance to skim what you have up, and I really liked what I saw. Good luck with this! Honestly, with how popular monsters (especially zombies & vampires) are these days, I'm surprised someone else hasn't been doing any with Mr. Monster (who I always thought was a cool character). Really like your subtle changes to the costume, too.
Back to top Go down
nav

Monster deviations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster deviations   Monster deviations EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:53 am

Thanks man.

I know the internet's a huge space and there's millions of stories/characters floating around, but it's always good to get a little appreciation for effort applied.

I'm currently getting the pages redesigned (layout and colouring-) by a graphic designer I know.

The costume will be changed radically to accommodate, let's say, physical changes to our main character soon (as I get another dozen pages done!)

Sounds like I'm making a big deal out of a small idea but hey, I figure just do it!

take care buddy
Back to top Go down
Swiftarrow

Swiftarrow

Monster deviations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster deviations   Monster deviations EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:46 am

Your Mr.Monster is amazing! The artwork is fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monster deviations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster deviations   Monster deviations Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster deviations
Page 1 of 1