The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Surprised!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperHeroFan

Surprised! Empty
PostSubject: Surprised!   Surprised! EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:42 am

Hi all,

I've been a member for a little while now, and I was wondering where everyone is? Seems to me that PD and OS characters are more popular now due to the rise of the big hero movies, and I think its weird that no one other than the posters here seem to know about this site. I talk it up when I can, so what am I doing wrong, just trying to help? Smile

I still have a question...disputed and partial copyrighted characters-which are 'easier' to use?

Is any incarnation of the Shield ready to use, or are all of them out of bounds?

See ya on the boards!
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

Surprised! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprised!   Surprised! EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:45 am

Actually, when I started this site, I was worried we'd get so many visitors, I'd have to pay for more bandwidth....so, I'm a little suprised too. My explenation is that this is really more of a site of interest to creators than it is to casual comic fans...and creators are busy people. It's part of the reason I'm not on here more...

partial copyright characters are very easy to use, as long as you use the original character, and not the new version you are more familiar with. "Partial copyright" is really a misnomer used to identify characters that have a more popular version that actually is copyrighted. Shield can be used, no problem...just use the original version from the PD comics. Disputed characters are harder to use because that means someone has a financial interest in keeping their use of a character exclusive...which means they might send you a scary cease and desist, even though they do not have exclusive rights. For example, Captain Marvel is now PD, but DC still markets merchandise, and there have been talks of a movie....so they might try to get you to back away....

Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

Surprised! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprised!   Surprised! EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:31 pm

<looks around

"Hello! Anyone around?"

....crickets chirp softly

Seriously, where is everyone?
Back to top Go down
CodeAndReload

CodeAndReload

Surprised! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprised!   Surprised! EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:24 am

SuperHeroFan wrote:
Seems to me that PD and OS characters are more popular now due to the rise of the big hero movies

Indy characters (and there publishers) have a hard time pushing characters/stories etc.

The popular stuff still has the same problem, but to a lesser degree; Not only does the creative team have to give me an interesting Batman story, they have to convince me he is still relevant after 75+ years, and after the '66 tv show.
Back to top Go down
http://codeandreload.com
SuperHeroFan

Surprised! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprised!   Surprised! EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 11:04 am

Hi all,

Anyone here? I'm looking to try to find someone interested in collaborating with me to get a bunch of ideas whittled down to something manageable that could be used as the base for something OS, or something that could possibly be published down the line. Not sure if I'd like to go full OS, as I said, but the setting could be OS, the characters would be owned by the folks that created them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Surprised! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprised!   Surprised! Empty

Back to top Go down

Surprised!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Free Universe :: Welcome to the Public Domain! :: Introductions-
Jump to: