Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amyzxy

PostSubject: Hello everyone   Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi guys,

My name is Amy, I am wanting to write some nursery rhyme books and maybe some books of traditional tales like goldilocks and the three bears. I am unsure how to find a list of nursery rhymes and traditional tales that are in the public domain.

I would be so happy if someone could help me with this stress finding mission, and lead me to a list of domain free nursery rhymes and traditional stories.

Love to hear from you

Amy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoctorOmega

PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone   Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:18 am

@Amyzxy-To my knowledge, all Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tales are in the public domain. Nearly everything published before 1923 is. So that means every 'classic' fairy tale character- like the ones you mentioned are public domain. in addition, Peter Pan has quite a confusing copyright history, so I wouldn't recommend him, and the Wizard of Oz is public domain as long as you follow the original books and not the movie (i.e. using silver slippers, unlike the ruby slippers in the movie. Other than the 1923 rule, typically copyright would usually expire 70 years after the authors death.
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hello everyone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Free Universe :: Welcome to the Public Domain! :: Introductions-
Jump to: