The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Penthouse Comix superhero roster

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Heckfire

Penthouse Comix superhero roster Empty
PostSubject: Penthouse Comix superhero roster   Penthouse Comix superhero roster EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 1:26 pm

I know this is an unusual group of superheroes to ask about, but you fellows seem to have a knack at discovering this information that I so far lack: what is the current legal status of the characters created for Penthouse Comix and Men's Adventure Comix? They were published between 1994 and 1999 until the main line editor, well, committed suicide, and they haven't been used since. I admit, most were pretty terrible parodies of 90's style superheroes, but there were a couple with some legitimate potential.
Back to top Go down
http://heckfire.deviantart.com
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

Penthouse Comix superhero roster Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penthouse Comix superhero roster   Penthouse Comix superhero roster EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:39 pm

Not an expert and I couldn't swear to it, but we're talking about stuff that's only 20 years old and Wikipedia claims that foreign versions are still being published. I'd be willing to bet that the copyrights are still sitting in the files at Penthouse. And yeah, some of the characters were pretty terrible, but I did like Doc Dare, Captain Adventure/Hericane, and Miss Adventure. Kind of a shame it what happened to the book.
Back to top Go down

Penthouse Comix superhero roster
Page 1 of 1