The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings

Go down 
+5
trueadam
argosail
Ultimosteve
Yzz
Heckfire
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings   Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:32 am

GoldenBard wrote:
Wow, Heckfire, this is an INCREDIBLE idea! There's got to be some reason Billie needs the new patrons... Let me kick it around and if I think of anything I'll get back to you.

You know, the simplest idea is just that the old guys don't WANT to do it any more. We don't know what happened to the original Marvels, but maybe whatever lead to their disappearance was such a disappointment to the patron gods that they just said, "Screw it, we don't want to be involved in this anymore." (Remember, especially when you're dealing w/Greco-Roman deities, most of them were kind of obnoxious and had bad tempers.) Athena, as the goddess of wisdom, sees that the idea is still a good one, which would be why she's still involved, but the others just wouldn't listen to her, so she and Billie have to find replacements...
Back to top Go down
captainwhizz

captainwhizz

PostSubject: Re: Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings   Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:16 am

Maybe they got tapped out? The power used to get divided between the Marvels at one point, didn't it? So perhaps the power has been spread too thinly, or dried up?
Back to top Go down
Florian R. Guillon

Florian R. Guillon

PostSubject: Re: Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings   Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:47 am

As promised, I took Billie Freeman's drawing from Heckfire to ink the lines.

Just tested my method of printing lines for inking, so this is a warm-up. I should have printed a bit wider, my inking is too thick. I messed up a bit on certain parts, couldn't add much things, but it's been a long time since I've inked lines from another and I still have to set my printer right.

Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings - Page 2 Billiefreeman_0001

And I made flat colors just for fun, based on Billy Batson's original scheme.

Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings - Page 2 BilliefreemanC
Back to top Go down
http://arcadiagraphicstudio.blogspot.fr
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Re: Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings   Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 7:07 pm

@Florian,

Nice work!

@Heck, looking forward to hearing more about the new Marvel, Billie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings   Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Public Domain Revamps and Reimaginings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2