The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter Empty
PostSubject: GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter   GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 5:12 am

Wish I had found this sooner; I don't know if it will do any good at this point (especially with how quiet it is around here). But it seems like a neat idea, and I may pledge a few bucks...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/549582372/amazing-heroes-retro-style-super-hero-action-figur?ref=nav_search
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Re: GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter   GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 5:22 am

Wow,

If I had known about it, I may have helped a little bit with it. (Right now, there's a TOS Trek movie 'Prelude to Anaxar' that is awesome! on KS.)

Still hear tumbleweeds around here? Smile

Where is everyone?
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter   GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 9:37 pm

SuperHeroFan wrote:
Still hear tumbleweeds around here? Smile

Where is everyone?

Yeah, it's still quiet, but I'm still hoping for the best....

I wasn't able to get back to that KS pg before the time was up, but at least they got fully funded. So, hopefully we'll see PD action figures before the end of the year!
Back to top Go down
CodeAndReload

CodeAndReload

PostSubject: Re: GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter   GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 7:13 am

I get the vintage appeal, but the lack of what I'd consider basic articulation kind hurts the figures, in my opinion.

I'd be curious to know if the exclusive figures being exclusive was really necessary to push the campaign, too.
Back to top Go down
http://codeandreload.com
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter   GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:41 am

CodeAndReload wrote:
I get the vintage appeal, but the lack of what I'd consider basic articulation kind hurts the figures, in my opinion.

Well, if I got them, I would be using them more for display than to play with, so I hadn't noticed that. But I can see what you're saying. The only thing I can figure is that the person leading the project seems to be REALLY big on nostalgia, and the basic design of the figures reminds me A LOT of the old, original, He-Man & the Masters of the Universe figures, so I think that's what he was going for.
Back to top Go down
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Re: GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter   GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:45 am

I had seen that via Gallant Comics. Last I checked it out, it wasn't going to meet the funding goal and I didn't pledge anything because it was way off target.

It only had a few days left but sheesh, some people really came through for this in a big way.

Now I feel like a jerk because I was going to pledge and get the "Daredevil" figure. Dang it!

Still, it is GREAT this went through, because it shows there is still an interest in Golden Age PD comic book characters. This was a great project to have funded. Perhaps something else will be offered through the company again.

Thanks for posting it!
Back to top Go down
CodeAndReload

CodeAndReload

PostSubject: Re: GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter   GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:17 am

PhantomofDoom wrote:
Now I feel like a jerk because I was going to pledge and get the "Daredevil" figure.  Dang it!

The non-exclusive figures, it looks like are going to be on BigBadToyStore. Unless you meant the variant version.

GoldenBard wrote:
Well, if I got them, I would be using them more for display than to play with, so I hadn't noticed that. But I can see what you're saying. The only thing I can figure is that the person leading the project seems to be REALLY big on nostalgia

I'd imagine if you are going to keep them on the card, articulation doesn't matter. A lot of effort, it looks like, went into the companion comic and card.
Back to top Go down
http://codeandreload.com
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Re: GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter   GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:20 am

Thanks Code and Reload. I didn't see that info, so thanks for sharing it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter   GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter Empty

Back to top Go down

GA/PD Superhero Action Figures Kickstarter
Page 1 of 1