The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Expendable Extra's art

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Expendable Extra

Expendable Extra

Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 10:22 am

GoldenBard wrote:
If this is just the work in progress, I can't wait to see the rest ... the shading is especially nice (I almost called it "cool," but that didn't seem appropriate!).

BTW, did you move your pics? The links seem broken.

Whoops, I did move them around a bit, completely forgot I had linked them. Fixed them now.
Back to top Go down
http://expendableextra.tumblr.com/
Expendable Extra

Expendable Extra

PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 5:23 am

Well I finally finished Flame Girl, good choice in the type of character to draw.

Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 Tumb0066_zpsa3b4741e
Back to top Go down
captainwhizz

captainwhizz

PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Very cool, I like the flames and the lighting.
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 3:43 am

I'm with Whizz on this one! Like I said, I thought the shading on the B/W was impressive, but in color it is superb. Wish I had half your artistic talent (but if you need a picture of Captain Stick-man, I'm your man....).
Back to top Go down
Expendable Extra

Expendable Extra

PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Thanks guys, I really enjoyed doing the fire effects.

Here's my take on Captain Midnight from the PDSH site. Since the name is trademarked, I refer to him as Agent Midnight. Brought a bit more of his aviator look with the "colour" of his superhero suit (naturally I just did a black and white piece)

Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 Tumb0067_zps17b71793
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:35 am

Very nice! I've been reading the Dark Horse version of Captain Midnight lately, but I've thought the character was really cool for ages. I love the way you combined elements of both looks, and the "Agent Midnight" name is a nice change, maintaining the feel of the original but nicely dodging the trademark issue...
Back to top Go down
Expendable Extra

Expendable Extra

PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:32 am

Hey there everyone, it's been a while, the changeover to 2015 was a bumpy one for me and it took a while to get things sorted. Since I was commissioned for some Golden Age supers, I felt I could share them with you here.

Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 Tumb0083_zps1gjvpmqu

Black Terror

Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 Tumb0084_zpsljqomxnr

And his sidekick Tim
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Wow,those are awesome.how much do you charge for commissions?
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 8:50 am

REALLY nice take on a character that's become almost iconic in the PD world! Now that 2015 is in full swing, I hope things smooth out for you!
Back to top Go down
Expendable Extra

Expendable Extra

PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:05 pm

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully everyone has been keeping busy. I've been way too busy with work and a few other social things to really put some time to paper (digital paper in my case). I did get another Public Domain character done. Here is my take on Queen of Evil.

Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 Tumb0086_zpsooilt6hh

And if people don't remember what the original looked like:

Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 Tumb0087_zpsg7uuot2h
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:03 am

Not a MASSIVE change, but still very nice. This is one of those characters who's look and backstory was much better than they were able to do in the actual adventures. She really was a pretty cool villainess, and you did her justice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expendable Extra's art   Expendable Extra's art - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Expendable Extra's art
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Free Universe :: Welcome to the Public Domain! :: Artist Showcase-
Jump to: