The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bluestar Universe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluestar

Bluestar

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:20 pm

This is what I have for the Bluestar Universe so far:

10000 B.C.
The Atlanteans face a great flood that threatens to wipe them all out. Desperate, Queen Zeria has her scientists construct a dome that  could withstand the water pressure and construct pills that can allow them to temporarily breathe under water for up to 12 hours at a time. They then install an artificial oxygen machine within the dome.

AGE OF ZEUS

Zeus and his allies go to war with the Titans, the first generation of the Olympian gods, overthrowing them and casting them into Tartarus. Zeus and his brothers cast lots for creation; Zeus takes the heavens, Poseidon takes the seas and Hades takes control of the underworld.

Several powerfu rulers lay claim to Rome. The most savage of them, Caligula throws a suspected traitor into a pit that is in a 30-foot hole after severely torturing him where the man still lies to this day.

Pandora opens up a box and unleashes evil in the world and the Egyptian and Norse Gods are sealed in the box in return. To Zeus's pleasure.

AGE OF GREEK HEROES
Heracles
Achilles
Jason
Hector

Alexander The Great conquers Egypt in the name of Zeus and Macedon. Alexander kills an Egyptian priest who tells the others that Alexander was not the son of Zeus and is cursed to die young. Alexander soon dies, but leaves behind a son that he courted with a local woman.

16th Century
King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table rule over the territory known as Camelot. Arthur's friend, Merlin, defended Camelot against the forces of the evil witch, Morgaine le Fey, but is sealed inside an old tower until someone as pure as Arthur lets him out.

AGE OF WORLD POWERS
18th Century
The Founding Fathers sign the Declaration of Independence. All of the men, including Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson, form a secret group known as the Illuminati and secretly control the world without anyone suspecting it.

Jack the Ripper murders several women in the Whitechapel area of London. The women are all in a position to expose the Illuminati to the world and Jack was a delusional psychopath that the Illuminati "leaked" the information on the girls to.

Several detectives pop up in the UK, most notable: Sherlock Holmes.

WWII AGE OF SUPERHEROES

Bart Hill becomes Daredevil after returning to the US, was the first costumed fighter to populate the American landscape.

John Battle rejoins the military to avenge his son's death at the hands of the Claw. He develops the Prometheus Compound.

Thun-Dohr saves Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill from an assassination attempt and is an instant symbol for the Allies.  

Nikola Tesla tests his electric beam gun on a tank and blows it to pieces with ease. A local man steals the weapon and ells it to the army for a hefty amount, the man's name is Wesley Red.    

Fighting Yank, Black Terror, American Crusader, Captain Future, Liberator, and Miss Masque all surface in a small California city within months of each other.

13 and the entire 13th regiment are killed by a strange lightning bolt that falls from the sky at 13:13 military time on the 13th day of August. Mira May, a nurse with the regiment, is ressurected as SOB(Spirit of Benevolence)

MODERN ERA
Wealthy socialite Daisy Red runs a multi-billion dollar aerospace and engineering company, she creates a pair of mechanical wings and a pair of goggles that can shoot heat beams using the power of the sun. She becomes Red-Jay.

A local doctor, Felix Foster, discovers that he is an Atlantean and goes to train with them to master his abilities.

John Knapp, a  young scientist, is the victim of an accidental explosion after experimenting with the Prometheus Compound which makes him intangible and his body burn with blue flames that do not burn him or his clothes. Knapp decides to use his abilities to fight crime as The Blue Fire.

That's all I can put right now, but I have many more heroes and just couldn't list them all. Feedback is welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
captainwhizz

captainwhizz

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 9:50 pm

This is very cool Smile I love the way that different writers can take the same building blocks and come up with different takes on it, like your universe and my universe share some characters, but have very different histories, it's great.
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 3:54 am

Like Whizz, I love how the same characters morph into such different things in different hands. And it's also interesting to see how some writers (like you) really strive to make a coherent whole out of characters that often were NEVER supposed to interact (different genres, companies, etc.). And your original characters seem to grow naturally out of the PD characters. Looking forward to more!
Back to top Go down
Bluestar

Bluestar

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 4:54 pm

I know what you guys mean.

I've been tangling with this idea for a while now and I'd like to know what you guys think.

Imagine a man on Death Row because of several murders that he carried out on innocent civilians for his own pleasure. What if he was offered to live while also being executed as his sentence states? I plan on having a scientist offer to "kill" the monster that carried out those murders that he was to be killed for. How?

Some nanobots and a reverse-engineered Dr.Jekyll formula.
Back to top Go down
captainwhizz

captainwhizz

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 3:14 am

Not quite sure I get what you mean; execute the criminal, then revive him so that they can use him for missions?
Back to top Go down
Bluestar

Bluestar

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:00 am

My bad.

I mean that he undergoes a reverse-Hulk transformation, where the real him who is psychotic and brutal is completely obliterated from the criminal's brain. Not to say that he won't have any laspses every now and again, but for the most part, he is a completely benevolent being, willing to kill or sacrifice anyone for the greater good.

The Jekyll formula will now destroy the evil rather than conjure it.
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 11:28 am

A lot depends on what you plan to do with the character, Blue, but I think the basic concept is clever. And there's an lot you can do, like playing with the notion that not everyone may believe the character's new outlook, some might want revenge for what he did in a past life, etc.
Back to top Go down
captainwhizz

captainwhizz

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 2:08 am

Ah, that sounds cool. Have you seen any of the Flash Thompson Agent Venom? Where the symbiote is under control, as long as Flash isn't bonded to it for too long (over 24 hours I think). Then, obviously, he gets stuck in the field for too long...

Also, Rev Bem from Andromeda was a member of a race that basically either ate everyone, or laid their eggs in them. However, he'd found religion, and was a pacifist and a wise advisor to the crew. Unfortunately, people who saw him just saw his species, and were either frightened for their lives, or wanted to kill him.

Neither of these are the same as your idea, but I thought they might give you some food for thought.

I found out the other day that Doc Savage apparently performed some form of lobotomy on a lot of criminals he caught, which cured them of their criminal tendencies, and made them forget their criminal pasts. I was planning to have other superheroes discover this and be shocked, starting a debate on whether it was right to do it. I think you could use lobotomy for your story? Maybe a death-row prisoner is offered a chance to volunteer for the surgery instead?

Alternatively, hypnosis/ brainwashing/ programming? Or an implant?
Back to top Go down
Bluestar

Bluestar

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 9:33 pm

That's a nice idea GoldenBard. He was once just a ruthless killer like the villains that he is now against. His old associates probably wouldn't like his new government buddies either. And I could easily see a man like Fighting Yank calling him out on it and a few villains as well.

I've seen the Flash Thompson ones but I am not familiar at all with Andromeda. The laspes could be similar to Agent Venom's symbiote problem.

For example, what if the cure that was given to him was not a permanent fix. Due to the newfound abilities gained from his procedure, his immune system increases to the point that his anti-bodies fight off the cures effect on his mental state restoring his psychotic tendencies.

Then comes in the Winter Soldier-esque selective mind cleansing to keep him under government control.

He'd be a hero, just not a hero that you can relax around.
Back to top Go down
Bluestar

Bluestar

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 7:13 am

Here are some of the teams that will appear as time passes.

Confederation of Militant Martians (COMM)- A anarchistic group that seeks to destroy the Republic of Mars in favor of a Survival of the Fittest type of government in its place.

Classification: Evil

Leader: Volto From Mars- A seasoned veteran of the Mars-Moon Wars; responsible for killing the King of the Moon.

2nd in Command: Man O' Mars(John Hunter)- Trained 20 years to become the ultimate Martian warrior. As a survivor of the Armor M Project, his body is near-impenetrable but blunt force can still take him out.

Pilot: Meteor Martian- Master pilot and a skilled engineer, he is not as combat saavy as his allies but his suits and gadgets more than make up for his shortcomings.

Spokesman: Mars Mason- An intergalactic spy who uses a postal worker disguise to get around the galaxy without anyone suspecting.

Thug: Crusader From Mars(Tarka)- Branded with the symbol of the Republic of Mars after murdering a fellow Martian; Tarka jumped at the opportunity to strike back at those who exiled him.

Prisoners: Magician of Mars and Moon Girl

Red Fang- A group led by Dracula during the end of the Second Cold War that seeked to restore the fear of nuclear warfare in citizens by purposely exposing citizens to radiation. They did this to cover up their tracks as Dracula drank the blood of several heroes, most notably Amazing Man and Blue Beetle, to increase his capabilities far beyond his dreams. They made it look as if the heroes caused the accidents themselves, taking care of two birds with one stone: Bad publicity for superheroes and governments severely lowering their nuclear capabilities, the only way to truly kill Dracula.

Dr. Frankenstein takes what's left of the superheroes and working together with Dr. Jekyll and the Invisible Man, creates the ultimate life form, Arvlad, whom promptly escapes and becomes a solitude warrior, not willing to help heroes nor villains.

Classification: Evil

Leader: Dracula

Members: Dr. Frankenstein, Jekyll and Hyde, Invisible Man, and She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Back to top Go down
captainwhizz

captainwhizz

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:47 pm

I like the way that radiation is the only thing that can kill Dracula.

The civil war on Mars sounds interesting too.
Back to top Go down
Bluestar

Bluestar

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 12:29 am

I just really wanted to use everyone who had from Mars in their names.Smile

Here's an updated timeline.

Superheroes rise up as larger-than-life figures who can and will do anything.

Morally-questionable superheroes pop up from out of nowhere and use an excessive amount of violence to capture criminals.

COMM wins the Civil War on Mars and heads for Earth in search of Stardust the Super Wizard, an artificially made being powered by the stars, breaking intergalactic laws.

The U.S. learns of the invasion and manages to capture Tarka and extract intel from him about the Martians.

Dracula forms a cult after abandoning his old allies. He no longer needs blood to sustain himself, he only needs to rest in Transylvanian soil.

Daredevil dies after being attacked by the still-youthful Claw, leaving his boomerang to a young boy who watched the entire encounter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bluestar Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bluestar Universe   Bluestar Universe Empty

Back to top Go down

Bluestar Universe
Page 1 of 1