Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:33 am

I am uploading a "flash stroke" sketch I did of the PD character Nosferatu. It was done with a brush pen, colored ink, and art markers. It is up for bid on ebay but I won't spam with a link or the like. I will be posting some other PD monster characters from time to time.

Keep in mind this isn't a "regular" style sketch, but a "flash" or quick sketch, just done very loose and free-hand. I always do my art free-hand and NEVER copy although Nosferatu is a known character and image it was from memory. I could have used photo reference but wanted to see how well I could do from memory.

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
argosail

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:02 am

Pretty good for just going off of memory. Feel free to add your ebay link to these. If those kind of links become a problem, I'll set down guidelines in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: PD monsters   Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:30 am

Last edited by PhantomofDoom on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
argosail

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:39 pm

That is a rather heroic looking Franky. Like what would happen if Fabio was brought back from the dead. I like it though. Brings new definition to "devilishly handsome."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Franken-Baby   Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Argosail, well, I didn't think he looked handsome. I was trying to make him look monstrous. Interesting. I'm glad you gave your input because this helps me know how some people perceive my drawings. What I think may be horror others may not.

I do appreciate your input and comments regarding my amateur art. So thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
argosail

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:17 pm

I try to be honest and I just can't help my sense of humor sometime (no disrespect intended about the fabio comment, I just thought it was funny). It's the square jaw and open shirt...makes him look a little modelesque, to the point where the scars just seem decorative. I think he would be a little more scary/grotesque if there was a greater sense of anguish or madness in his eyes and on his face. He looks very stoic here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Frankenstein's monster   Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Argosail: I removed that drawing. I think you're right. It wasn't very horrific. It was a late night "quick sketch". Sometimes they come out sometimes they don't. This one didn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
argosail

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Oh, I thought it was good, just not that scary. I did actually like it. It was kinda like a superhero version of franky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Werewolf   Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Last edited by PhantomofDoom on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Last edited by PhantomofDoom on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Werewolf   Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Werewolf sketch done with brush ink pens and art markers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
argosail

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Oh, now that's some badass looking stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 am

@Argosail: Thanks. These are different styles of sketches. Usually I use pencil, pen and ink, etc. but these are very very loose, using brush pens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   

Back to top Go down

Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1