The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters Empty
PostSubject: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:33 am

I am uploading a "flash stroke" sketch I did of the PD character Nosferatu. It was done with a brush pen, colored ink, and art markers. It is up for bid on ebay but I won't spam with a link or the like. I will be posting some other PD monster characters from time to time.

Keep in mind this isn't a "regular" style sketch, but a "flash" or quick sketch, just done very loose and free-hand. I always do my art free-hand and NEVER copy although Nosferatu is a known character and image it was from memory. I could have used photo reference but wanted to see how well I could do from memory.

[img]Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters Nf1_0010[/img]
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:02 am

Pretty good for just going off of memory. Feel free to add your ebay link to these. If those kind of links become a problem, I'll set down guidelines in the future.
Back to top Go down
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: PD monsters   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:30 am

Last edited by PhantomofDoom on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:39 pm

That is a rather heroic looking Franky. Like what would happen if Fabio was brought back from the dead. I like it though. Brings new definition to "devilishly handsome."
Back to top Go down
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Franken-Baby   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Argosail, well, I didn't think he looked handsome. I was trying to make him look monstrous. Interesting. I'm glad you gave your input because this helps me know how some people perceive my drawings. What I think may be horror others may not.

I do appreciate your input and comments regarding my amateur art. So thanks.
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:17 pm

I try to be honest and I just can't help my sense of humor sometime (no disrespect intended about the fabio comment, I just thought it was funny). It's the square jaw and open shirt...makes him look a little modelesque, to the point where the scars just seem decorative. I think he would be a little more scary/grotesque if there was a greater sense of anguish or madness in his eyes and on his face. He looks very stoic here.
Back to top Go down
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Frankenstein's monster   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Argosail: I removed that drawing. I think you're right. It wasn't very horrific. It was a late night "quick sketch". Sometimes they come out sometimes they don't. This one didn't.
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Oh, I thought it was good, just not that scary. I did actually like it. It was kinda like a superhero version of franky.
Back to top Go down
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Werewolf   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Last edited by PhantomofDoom on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Last edited by PhantomofDoom on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters Franki11
Back to top Go down
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Werewolf   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Werewolf sketch done with brush ink pens and art markers.

Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters Wolf_b11
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Oh, now that's some badass looking stuff!
Back to top Go down
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 am

@Argosail: Thanks. These are different styles of sketches. Usually I use pencil, pen and ink, etc. but these are very very loose, using brush pens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters   Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters Empty

Back to top Go down

Nosferatu and assorted PD monster characters
Page 1 of 1