The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is Sheena really PD?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael

Is Sheena really PD? Empty
PostSubject: Is Sheena really PD?   Is Sheena really PD? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 4:22 pm

Sheena, Queen of the Jungle premiered in a British tabloid months before her U.S. debut.

My understanding is that works first published overseas nearly always have the full 95 year term, due to copyright restorations back in the 1990's. They were basically excused from the renewal and notice requirements that U.S. publications were required to follow.

Can we actually count her as a public domain character when her first appearance is likely still copyrighted? Or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

Is Sheena really PD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Sheena really PD?   Is Sheena really PD? EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 11:11 am

Michael wrote:
Sheena, Queen of the Jungle premiered in a British tabloid months before her U.S. debut.

My understanding is that works first published overseas nearly always have the full 95 year term, due to copyright restorations back in the 1990's. They were basically excused from the renewal and notice requirements that U.S. publications were required to follow.

Can we actually count her as a public domain character when her first appearance is likely still copyrighted? Or am I missing something?

Hi there, if you don't get a reply here (apart from me), then I suggest going to Comic Book Plus (it will show up quickly on a search engine) and asking in the forum there, it's a bit more active.
Back to top Go down

Is Sheena really PD?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Free Universe :: Welcome to the Public Domain! :: Legal Questions and Debate-
Jump to: