The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for resources!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Megazell

Megazell

Looking for resources! Empty
PostSubject: Looking for resources!   Looking for resources! EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Hey,

I am currently completing chapter 2 of my soon to be released comic book that is using public domain characters with some of my copyrighted and trademarked characters.

Here are some sample pictures from the NYCBM preview book...

http://joebadon.blogspot.com/2011/01/pages-i-did-artwork-for-from-comic.html

http://joebadon.blogspot.com/2011/02/santo-malo-pages-9-and-10.html

Joe Badon is the artist and I'm the writer/creator.

I am using the following public domain characters:

Black Angel

Clock

Gun Master

Nightro

The Spider

I am looking for more images of them and I am coming up with just the stuff from Wikia. Does anyone know of another spot that may have more images of these characters?
Back to top Go down
bchat

PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   Looking for resources! EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Digital Comics Museum has plenty of free comic book files you can view online which contain appearances for the characters you mention.
Back to top Go down
Megazell

Megazell

PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   Looking for resources! EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 pm

bchat wrote:
Digital Comics Museum has plenty of free comic book files you can view online which contain appearances for the characters you mention.

Thanks.

The two really hard characters to get images of are Gun Master and Nightro. When my idea was more of novel...it was not big deal since I could describe it away. Now that I went graphic novel (18/66 Pages completed) it's been a journey getting images of these two.
Back to top Go down
bchat

PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   Looking for resources! EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 am

Megazell wrote:
bchat wrote:

Thanks.

The two really hard characters to get images of are Gun Master and Nightro. When my idea was more of novel...it was not big deal since I could describe it away. Now that I went graphic novel (18/66 Pages completed) it's been a journey getting images of these two.

Hillman's Gun Master appeared in Clue Comics v1 issues 10-12, and v2 issues 1-3 (with two stories in issues 1 & 2).
Lev Gleason's Nightro appeared in Daredevil Comics issues 2-8.

That's all the appearances that I know of for those two characters. DCM has all the Daredevil issues but is missing the last two appearances of Gun Master.
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Real cool   Looking for resources! EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:06 am

Megazell wrote:
Hey,

I am currently completing chapter 2 of my soon to be released comic book that is using public domain characters with some of my copyrighted and trademarked characters.

Black Angel

Clock

Gun Master

Nightro

The Spider

I am looking for more images of them and I am coming up with just the stuff from Wikia. Does anyone know of another spot that may have more images of these characters?
Wow,that is real cool,
When will it be released?
Back to top Go down
Megazell

Megazell

PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   Looking for resources! EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:44 pm

great dude wrote:
Megazell wrote:
Hey,

Black Angel

Clock

Gun Master

Nightro

The Spider

Wow,that is real cool,
When will it be released?

Not 100% set on a date. I wrote this story years ago as a novel that was never published. I did a few local comic strips from HS, to College and later a local paper but this is my first rodeo with a full comic.

So far I scripted 66 pages which encompasses the main story of my character in his later years as a retired mask. So for 18 pages are drawn with some minor edits being made here and there.

I collect comics from dead universes so I wrote some of the characters I liked growing up reading from my dead universe collection.

I won a grant and so here I am. I would love to have this out by summer time since the book takes place in the summer of 77.

I like to make the cosutmes in RL also before I use the characters as they were in the comic. I made one for my main character. I am working on a Clock, Nightro and Black Angel costume to take some photos with.

If anyone knows any artists looking for work send them my way Smile I have a solid one with Joe Badon so far but I have some other stories I am working on also around this story and I am applying for another local grant.
Back to top Go down
Megazell

Megazell

PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   Looking for resources! EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:51 pm

bchat wrote:
Megazell wrote:
bchat wrote:

Thanks.

Hillman's Gun Master appeared in Clue Comics v1 issues 10-12, and v2 issues 1-3 (with two stories in issues 1 & 2).
Lev Gleason's Nightro appeared in Daredevil Comics issues 2-8.

That's all the appearances that I know of for those two characters. DCM has all the Daredevil issues but is missing the last two appearances of Gun Master.

Thank you very much for your help.

Currently, I am wrapping up my page scripts for chapter 3.

After some investigation the public domain status of The Spider seems murky to me.

I wrote this really awesome dialog btw Nigthro, Clock and my own character that seems like a perfect fit. I can writer Spider in and out of it but for now I took him out until I get some conclusive info on him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for resources!   Looking for resources! Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for resources!
Page 1 of 1