The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Avenging Force: The Scarab

Go down 
+2
argosail
MadMikeyD
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MadMikeyD

MadMikeyD

Avenging Force: The Scarab Empty
PostSubject: Avenging Force: The Scarab   Avenging Force: The Scarab EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:20 am

Here is the second trailer for a new movie from Brett Kelley Entertainment. The movie is expected to be available on DVD sometime this summer. The film features new takes on the Scarab, the Woman in Red, the Black Terror, and Daredevil (renamed Double Dare with permission from Roy Thomas who used that name in his excellent "Alter Ego" mini-series), among others.

http://blip.tv/file/3450455
Back to top Go down
http://pdsh.wikia.com
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Avenging Force: The Scarab   Avenging Force: The Scarab EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:17 am

This film definitely looks interesting. As a fellow independant film maker, I can definitely appreciate the amount of work that has gone into this. I will be interested to see what it end up being like in terms of story, music and special effects. I'm thinking about doing a star trek-like web series with one of the public domain space heroes. It's amazing what you can do these days with a camera and a computer.
Back to top Go down
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

PostSubject: Scarab   Avenging Force: The Scarab EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:40 pm

This doesn't look half-bad for an Indie/amateur film using PD characters. The young actress portraying the Woman In Red is attractive and I love her costume. Black Terror also looks great but sadly---Scarab's mask sucks big time. At least do something about the neck! He still looks good but it just annoyed the poop out of me.

I love that someone is making a small film like this, I hope to see it.
Back to top Go down
bchat

PostSubject: Re: Avenging Force: The Scarab   Avenging Force: The Scarab EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:15 am

I have to agree that the Scarab's "neck problem" is a big distraction. It's a great costume overall, though, considering the limited budget. I also like The Woman in Red's look. The Black Terror looks ok, and "Double Dare" was a little less than impressive.

I'm interested in seeing the final product, but it really comes across as being a "fan film" and I simply cannot justify spending money on anything at that level.
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Avenging Force: The Scarab   Avenging Force: The Scarab EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:39 am

What a Face Yeah,Tell me about it,I saw the trailer,and it's the best one yet.
Back to top Go down
TaurianFilms

PostSubject: Re: Avenging Force: The Scarab   Avenging Force: The Scarab EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:01 am

bchat wrote:
I have to agree that the Scarab's "neck problem" is a big distraction. It's a great costume overall, though, considering the limited budget. I also like The Woman in Red's look. The Black Terror looks ok, and "Double Dare" was a little less than impressive.

I'm interested in seeing the final product, but it really comes across as being a "fan film" and I simply cannot justify spending money on anything at that level.

Nothing wrong with being a fan film. There have been a ton of high-quality ones. #Dirtylaundry is a fan film.

You can say it looks to be low quality or something like that, but IMHO diminishing it by calling it 'fan film' does a disservice to other good ones out there now or ones to come.

After watching it, yes that scarab mask is horrid. VFX need work. The action scenes seem like they will shine. A lil better color grading (or color grading in the first place) could do wonders for the visuals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avenging Force: The Scarab   Avenging Force: The Scarab Empty

Back to top Go down

Avenging Force: The Scarab
Page 1 of 1