The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The WIP "Whizz-verse"

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
SuperHeroFan

The WIP "Whizz-verse" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The WIP "Whizz-verse"   The WIP "Whizz-verse" - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 9:09 pm

Whizz,

I've trashed my timelines three times now, and I've rethought my initial reasons for its creation, it's hard creating a universe!
Back to top Go down
captainwhizz

captainwhizz

PostSubject: Re: The WIP "Whizz-verse"   The WIP "Whizz-verse" - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 2:30 am

My short story was a bit too slow-moving to be a short story, so I scrapped it.

With my universe, I'm still trying to decide whether different gods with similar roles should be the same entity seen by different cultures, or (the favourite) that different regions of the Earth were connected to different planets/ dimensions, before the portals closed down over time.

The second one explains why the "gods" were only worshipped in certain regions of Earth, as these were the areas that their homeworlds were connected to. It also explains different mythical creatures in different parts of the world, as the creatures would have come through the local portals.

This doesn't really affect the modern era of my timeline, but I'm planning it out for things like Arthurian legends and stuff that I might refer back to. Apparently, early stories of Arthur weren't that he was a king, but that he was a great warrior and a leader, and protected Britons and Celts from invaders and magical threats. So I will have him be a demigod like Perseus or Hercules, and have the knights of the round table be a 5th/ 6th century superteam.

It does link in to my background of many superhumans being descended from gods/ demigods, and magic mostly disappearing from the Earth, only to come back to high levels again.
Back to top Go down
captainwhizz

captainwhizz

PostSubject: Re: The WIP "Whizz-verse"   The WIP "Whizz-verse" - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 4:31 am

Damn, I just noticed that I've got The Ghost debuting in 1943 as a fighter pilot, so I need a new member for my secret team.

I currently have Daredevil, Arrow, Black Bat, and Lance Hale; any ideas for one or two more members? I don't think that four is enough. I don't want anyone with flashy powers. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
captainwhizz

captainwhizz

PostSubject: Re: The WIP "Whizz-verse"   The WIP "Whizz-verse" - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 9:25 pm

I think I'm going with Daredevil, Arrow, Black Bat, Captain Kidd, Amazing Man, and Lance Hale. Captain Kidd has the piloting (and sailing) know-how, and Amazing Man was in my initial plan, so I'm going to put him back in.

I'm working on the updated timeline at the moment, and trying to get the story plots set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WIP "Whizz-verse"   The WIP "Whizz-verse" - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The WIP "Whizz-verse"
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Free Universe :: New Projects :: Books, Stories and Poetry-
Jump to: