The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Universe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Newnation

A New Universe Empty
PostSubject: A New Universe   A New Universe EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:31 am

Hey guys, I've been browsing this site for about a year and have only now got the courage to take the plunge and register. I have a idea for a superhero universe that I would like to contribute. My ideas come from being a big fan of the DC and Invincible universes. I will be writing the premise of it here along with characters. My intent is to add at least one character everyday. I will welcome any criticisms and feedback. So please don't hesitate to give them. Also, if you want to add some characters or story elements feel free to. My only exception is to try and stay away from supernatural elements. I'm not sure why but I find it weird when superhero universes involve magic, gods, and demons. Since I'm writing the premise of the universe today I think I will just post one character today.

Premise:
This universe exists in a alternate 2020. After the events of 9/11, Jonathan Morrison a Colonel in the United States army sees the need to have a force like no other to protect his country. He convinces Congress to reinstate a secret super soldier program that has been mothballed since the Vietnam war. He also convinces them to pass amendments into making the American military the most powerful force in the world and he's a hair away from turning the government into a totalitarian regime.

Characters:
      Heroes:
                Titan/ Razik-Tal/ CST-00
                      Razik-Tal is a warrior prince from the planet Cairos. He is the youngest son of King Lovac-Tal and Queen
                      Dalara. Razik's older brother Romar led a coup against their father because he wanted to move Cairos
                      into an age of peace and renounce their warrior culture. A long and  brutal civil war raged across the
                      planet and culminated with the death of King Lovac by Romar's hand.

Refusing to follow his brother, Razik seemingly vanquished his older brother in single combat.
                     Unfortunately,the war left Cairos vulnerable to outside attacks. An ancient alien race, the Havari
                     attacked Cairos and utterly destroyed the planet. Before the planet's destruction, Queen Dalara
                     convinces Razik to use a jump gate, device used to travel great distances to different planets in
                     minutes to a thriving Caironian colony on the planet Tanis. Razik only had time to activate the gate but
                     not to program the coordinates of one of the Tanis jump gates before the planet was destroyed.

Razik ended up on Earth 2.5 million years ago. Unknown to him, his brother survived their encounter and
                     followed him to Earth. Romar stabs Razik mortally wounding him with a Caironian blade that has managed
                     have been passed around human history held by Alexander the Great, Hannibal Barca, Julius Caesar,
                     Atilla the Hun, and Genghis Khan among others and is believed to have been the inspiration for Excalibur.
                     Razik breaks Romar's neck and succumbs to his wound. The last thing he sees is the sun rising. Primitive
                     cultures have worshiped the fossils of these two for years until they were forgotten about. They were
                     rediscovered in Stone Hinge in 1895 and confiscated by the United States of America when it became
                     clear that these fossils were not human.

They sat in storage for decades until Jonathan Morrison had them cloned try and make an army of shock
                     troops. Unfortunately for Morrison, Razik and Romar are activated early by an incursion of a team of
                     heroes and Razik is rescued along with another alien kept in the facility he was created. Razik doesn't
                     that he is a clone and his last memories are of losing his home and what he thought was his death.
                     Because of this he is very much a brooding loner. He takes on the costumed identity of Titan after
                     reading greek myths and finding kinship in the Titans.

Caironians in general are ten times stronger and more durable than humans. They also heal faster than
                     humans.Razik being a warrior prince and Captain of the Caironian army is a incredibly skilled warrior and
                     commander. However, the scientists that cloned them tampered with their dna making them stronger
                     and near invulnerable. The only thing that can hurt them are certain types of alien weapons and each
                     other. They have also gained superhuman senses, the ability of flight, and the ability to generate Plasma
                     from their hands and eyes.

Anti-Heroes:
       Villains:
            General Morrison:
                  General Jonathan Morrison serves the United Sates Army and is a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
                  He's seen action in the Vietnam and Desert Storm wars and knows all to well the horrors of war.

Morrison is extremely patriotic but to him, the ends always justify the means and he will do anything to
                  see that his goals are met.He is extremely driven and cautious. These traits along with his patriotism have
                  turned him paranoid and power hungry to the point where he doesn't believe the country or the world is
                  safe until he controls them.

Morrison sees the rise of the heroes and the public's opinion of them a threat to his power and tries to
                  sway Congress into passing legislation that will make it illegal for vigilantes who are not apart of his
                  force to be active.

Morrison is a charismatic leader and brilliant strategist. The quote "The road to hell is paved with good
                  intentions," couldn't describe him better.

He has a wife named Judy and a mentally handicapped son that he uses as a test subject for a
                  supersoldier project.

Reaver/ Romar-Tal/ CST-01
                  Romar-Tal is a warrior prince from the planet Cairos. He is the Oldest son of King Lovac-Tal and Queen
                  Dalara. Romar believed his father was weak because he wanted to move Cairos into an age of peace
                  and renounce their warrior culture. He led a coup believing that he was the leader Cairos needed.A long    
                 and brutal civil war raged across the planet and culminated with the death of King Lovac by Romar's hand.

Refusing to follow his brother, Razik seemingly vanquished Romar in single combat.
                  Unfortunately,the war left Cairos vulnerable to outside attacks. An ancient alien race, the Havari
                  attacked Cairos and utterly destroyed the planet. Romar survived and plotted his revenge against his little
                 brother. He managed to follow Razik through the jump gate just seconds before the planet was destroyed.

Razik ended up on Earth 2.5 million years ago. Unknown to him, his brother survived their encounter and
                  followed him to Earth. Romar stabs Razik mortally wounding him with a Caironian blade that has managed
                  have been passed around human history held by Alexander the Great, Hannibal Barca, Julius Caesar,
                  Atilla the Hun, and Genghis Khan among others and is believed to have been the inspiration for Excalibur.
                  Razik breaks Romar's neck and succumbs to his wound. The last thing he sees is the sun rising. Primitive
                  cultures have worshiped the fossils of these two for years until they were forgotten about. They were
                  rediscovered in Stone Hinge in 1895 and confiscated by the United States of America when it became
                  clear that these fossils were not human.

They sat in storage for decades until Jonathan Morrison had them cloned try and make an army of shock
                    troops. Unfortunately for Morrison, Razik and Romar are activated early by an incursion of a team of
                    heroes and Romar escapes the facility leaving a bloody path. He doesn't Know that he is a clone and his
                    last memories are of losing his home and what he thought was his death. Romar has remained power
                    hunger and bloodthirsty. Very little has changed in his personality. He takes on the name Reaver in
                    memory of the old ways of his planet as the death dealers of Cairos' enemies.

Caironians in general are ten times stronger and more durable than humans. They also heal faster than
                    humans. Romar being a warrior prince and Captain of the Caironian army is a incredibly skilled warrior and
                    commander. However, the scientists that cloned them tampered with their dna making them stronger
                    and near invulnerable. The only thing that can hurt them are certain types of alien weapons and each
                    other. They have also gained superhuman senses, the ability of flight, and the ability to generate Plasma
                    from their hands and eyes
Back to top Go down
Newnation

A New Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Universe   A New Universe EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 11:30 am

Update

Added Titan and Reaver. Titan is a Superman archetype character with Batman's attitude and Reaver is a homage to General Zod.
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

A New Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Universe   A New Universe EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:07 am

So far, so good. Interesting set up! Looking forward to more....
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

A New Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Universe   A New Universe EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 7:12 am

@New,

"Premise: This universe exists in a alternate 2020. After the events of 9/11, Jonathan Morrison a Colonel in the United States army sees the need to have a force like no other to protect his country. He convinces Congress to reinstate a secret super soldier program that has been mothballed since the Vietnam war. He also convinces them to pass amendments into making the American military the most powerful force in the world and he's a hair away from turning the government into a totalitarian regime."

Strange that people that never met can think in a similar way, I have had an idea of a 'heroic' universe in my head for a while and it too centered around using some sort of super soldier serum, mine was to have been discovered through retro engineering of alien tech since the 1900s, the US Gov't has been quietly collecting alien tech from crash sites around the US. I've toyed with using disabled characters, yet not giving them abilities to make them like Daredevil for example, there would be a cost.

I hadn't decided on when the story takes place either. WW history is something I enjoy, but hardly an expert.

I've also been kicking something like this around, but not for the military - http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Air_Force_1.0

Anyone else have any universes kicking around in their brains?
Back to top Go down
Newnation

A New Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Universe   A New Universe EmptySat Feb 06, 2016 7:33 am

I've stopped posting because not many people seemed interested in it. I'm pretty interested to hear about your universe and could post more characters if you or anyone else is interested.
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

A New Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Universe   A New Universe EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:15 am

@New,

Well, thanks for the interest, although I couldn't quite say I have a 'universe' at the moment, just notes written about when the stories could take place, how the characters get their abilities (I have a couple ideas), if there would be any sort of mech involved (not sentai/Power Ranger-esque), but possibly armored characters that do the grunt work like the Guardsman in older Iron Man issues.
http://www.ironmanarmory.com/garmor.html

I do have a couple of pseudo characters that are just name, rank, etc. as well. (I just wish I could draw as some of these folks here seem to, as I like to see others' creations visually.

Here are a few links about ideas others had, with great input from many folks here - https://universe.forumakers.com/t346-americanized-sentai-w-realism-i-know-oxymoron

https://universe.forumakers.com/t359-ideas-one-has

https://universe.forumakers.com/t315-alternate-history-versus-reality

As you can probably tell, I enjoy alternate universe stories, I like the look of 'cyber-punk', not necessarily the setting of the Victorian age. I like the 1940s-60s sci fi, as they really did try, and believe at times that their vision was what life would be like in say, 1998.

I'd be interested to see more of your ideas, and please, let me know if there's anything in my ideas that I could continue with, or just ignore (for now).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New Universe Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Universe   A New Universe Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Universe
Page 1 of 1