The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ATOMAN

Go down 
+2
Yzz
dann
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dann

dann

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:16 am

Here's another great character I'm actually thinking of using in one of my comics....Atoman.

I was going to tweak his original costume, but decided the original looks great as is. Well...I take it back...I got rid of the scales that he had on the costume....too Captain America-ish for me.

dann

ATOMAN Atoman
Back to top Go down
http://www.dannphillips.com
Yzz

Yzz

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:48 am

Nice work ATOMAN Icon_biggrin I also plan on using Atoman.

~~Yzz
Back to top Go down
http://yzzverse.blogspot.com/
Heckfire

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:24 pm

...did you say "comics?" What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://heckfire.deviantart.com
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:18 pm

@ dann: Awesome. Love it, love the colors and energy streams.

Again, where have you had your work published? What comics? Are you going to self-publish a comic?
Back to top Go down
dann

dann

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:50 am

Thanks guys!
Yeah...I do a few different comics. Nothing major...all indy, but I'm working my way up there one day.

In October, my comic Starbomb #2 will be out. I write and draw it. We're planning on putting it out at a convention in Minneapolis called "Fallcon".
I do the art for a western called "White Knife" which #2 should be out soon as well...not sure when on that one.....

But seeing that I have complete control of Starbomb, I'm going to be putting a few PD characters in there. Actually...it'd be kinda fun to throw Astro-Man in somewhere. Would everyone be okay with that?

dann

and here's a link to my website .... www.dannphillips.com

Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:58 am

Dude, first of all, great work on Atoman. He looks awesome!

Second, I think it would be AWESOME to see Astro-Man make an actual comic appearance. I've been trying to convince Phantom to do some sequential work with him, but he's a little reluctant. It would be great for Astro-Man to have an official first appearance.

In the near future, I will be starting my own line of online comics, so Astro-Man may show up in those at some point as well. But if you're doing print work, that would be even cooler.
Back to top Go down
Ten Cent Hero

Ten Cent Hero

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:54 am

Great artwork on your site, Dann.

Is it bad form to do slight modifications to Astro-Man's costume? I know he is open source
but since this community created him I was curious of how close to his costume on the wiki
people should stay?

Back to top Go down
PhantomofDoom

PhantomofDoom

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:28 am

@m3gamax: My assumption and in fact, assertion is, you can do whatever you like with the costume design. Make him appear however you want.

I hope the writers who originated his backstory don't disagree. If I am wrong, well I was under the impression from what I've read that the same rules that apply to Open Source characters are similar to ones that are Open Source.

I've been thinking doing a litle bit with Astro-Man myself by giving him a better costume design than the sloppy one I helped create. ( My version is sloppy not anyone else's, I need to clarify).

If you do your own design and hopefully no one objects I'd personally love to see it posted here. It'd be great to have to more interpretations of Astro-Man.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and give more adequate info than what I am dispensing.
Back to top Go down
dann

dann

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Max.....glad to see more fces on here.
And thanks....glad you like my site.
Anyways.... I think it's fine to deviate from the costume drawn up for him....heck, even my drawing is a tad different from phantom's original sketch.

go crazy...enjoy!!!

dann
Back to top Go down
dann

dann

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:58 am

whoops...my mistake...phantom didn't do a drawing of him..that was astroman!

but still...take that part out and the first message still stands...lol

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dann

dann

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Oh...for cryin' out loud...i reaaaallly need to proof read everything i say first!

ignore the second post completely...

sigh...it's been a long day.
Back to top Go down
Ten Cent Hero

Ten Cent Hero

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Cool! Yeah, I really want to post any artwork I do on this forum. I will say again that I really like
the Idea of the open source character concept in general. Any modifications I do to Astro Man's Costume would
be be moderate. I really want to stick to the spirit of the original design idea as much as possible.

I had asked in one of the other sections of this forum if any other designs or drawings existed of Astro Man's supporting
cast; Dr. Sharon Santiago, Hassan or the Virons. Are the Viron's supposed to look like human's but be alien?

Anyway, thanks for chatting.
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:30 pm

M3gamax,

Again, if you go to the Open Source Super Archtype thread, on the last few pages, I posted some concept art of Hassan and Kalthar, leader of the Virons. I haven't posted any pics of an average Viron soldier yet, but I imagined them looking a little like thinner versions of Kalthar, with armor similar to what the Neimodian guards in Revenge of the Sith wear. Well, that was how I imagined them anyway. I believe KnightRandom kind of envisioned the Virons as looking like many different races. The only reason Astro-Man's ancestor looked human is because he was genetically engineered to fit in with the natives of earth. If you have other ideas about what the Virons look like, by all means, post your concept drawings, and if you're willing to share, they may become "cannon" or at least what passes for "cannon" in the Free Universe.

Oh, and don't be so concerned about our feelings. We're here to share, and I think most everyone on these boards appreciates a cool new twist on our heroes, provided they look super awesome. Haha...no pressure!
Back to top Go down
Ten Cent Hero

Ten Cent Hero

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 am

Very cool! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ATOMAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATOMAN   ATOMAN Empty

Back to top Go down

ATOMAN