The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do we need more Public Domain/Open Source Supervillains?

Go down 
+2
captainwhizz
DoctorOmega
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

Do we need more Public Domain/Open Source Supervillains? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do we need more Public Domain/Open Source Supervillains?   Do we need more Public Domain/Open Source Supervillains? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 5:14 am

Here are two more villains from public domain sources that I thought I'd mention. The best thing is that I think either once could be used (with some slight modifications) for detective/adventure stories, superhero stories, or horror stories.

1) Il Duca (The Duke) - From L. Frank Baum's Aunt Janes' Nieces Abroad, Il Duca was descended from Italian bandits and considered himself "criminal royalty." He was charming and operated from a hidden valley in the Sicilian mountains. He was a con man and a kidnapper; one of his favorite schemes was to lure a wealthy traveler to his valley where he would become Il Duca's "guest." Knowing how people love history, Il Duca would offer to sell these guests some supposed ancient relic (actually a worthless bauble) for an exorbitant price ... at which time they'd be free to go.
2) The Crimson Executioner - From the movie Bloody Pit of Horror, former actor Travis Anderson is possessed by the spirit of the previous owner of the castle in which he lives. When a photographer and models visit the castle for a photo shoot, Anderson dresses as The Crimson Executioner and tortures them for unspecified "sins" they've committed. Travis was played by muscleman Mikey Hargitay (father to Law & Order: SVU's Mariska Hargitay), so the costume played up his physique: red tights, boots, and cowl with a black eye mask & no shirt (but lots of body oil).
Back to top Go down

Do we need more Public Domain/Open Source Supervillains?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2