The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeDiBaggio

MikeDiBaggio

War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo Empty
PostSubject: War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo   War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:27 am

I wanted to let everyone know that one of my Ascension Epoch books is available for a free download over the next five days on Amazon. The book is Population of Loss, and it's a collection of four short stories of superheroes and paranormal adventure set during the War of the Worlds. If you like your superheroes with a steampunk or western flair, or you'd like a taste of Victorian-era post apocalypse, it's a good appetizer. Besides the H.G. Wells' Martians themselves, it features some other public domain characters that might surprise you, plus a bunch of originals that are all open source.

The book can be found here:
http://www.amazon.com/Population-Loss-Tales-Martian-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B00L1R3Q6G

If you would like to read it, but prefer .epub or .pdf instead of a Kindle file, just message me and I will email it to you free.

If you like it, please consider leaving a review and tell your friends about us. And as always, I invite you to contribute your own fiction and make the Ascension Epoch your universe, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ascensionepoch.com
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo   War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 9:35 am

Thanks for the heads up, Mike; just downloaded it. Not sure when I'll be able to read it (my reading list is about a mile and half long), but your Ascension Epoch universe has intrigued the heck out of me, so I'm looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
MikeDiBaggio

MikeDiBaggio

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo   War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks for downloading it. I hope you enjoy it.

Let me know if you ever want to write something together or even just swap ideas. I'm actually collaborating with another author to put one of his stories in the Ascension Epoch universe right now.
Back to top Go down
captainwhizz

captainwhizz

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo   War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 3:44 am

Hey Mike, I would rather not download the Kindle reader, but I'd love a pdf copy of it please, sounds good.
Back to top Go down
MikeDiBaggio

MikeDiBaggio

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo   War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 3:46 am

captainwhizz wrote:
Hey Mike, I would rather not download the Kindle reader, but I'd love a pdf copy of it please, sounds good.

Just sent you a PM. I'll send it off to you as soon as I get your email.
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo   War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:59 am

Finally got around to reading Population of Loss, and here's a copy of the review I posted on Amazon and Barnes & Noble:

"I first stumbled across the “Ascension Epoch” universe while searching for info on public domain comic book characters; this shared universe features such characters combined with original creations in a world molded by literary events (the most important being the invasion from HG Well’s War of the World). I picked up this book for free to learn more about the project, and (when I eventually had time to read it) was glad I did. The book features 4 short stories set during the Martian Invasion, introducing several of the concepts and character that (presumably) will play a larger part in the later stories. The weaving of old and new works well, and the writing style is solid and engaging. Basically, the book was free to whet the appetite of the reader for more stories of this world. In my case, it worked; I look forward to reading more of the Ascension Epoch."

Back to top Go down
MikeDiBaggio

MikeDiBaggio

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo   War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:25 am

Many thanks for the review, GB! It is extremely hard to get reviews... in fact, only about 1% of readers bother to leave one. I really appreciate it!

All of the rest of our Ascension Epoch books are now on sale for $0.99 for the next two days, including our most recent release, The Dismal Tide. I wonder if you'd be interested in reading some of our more modern superhero stories and leaving a review? If so, I'd be happy to gift them straight to your Kindle.
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo   War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 8:19 am

So sorry for the late review, Mike; RL has a habit of getting in the way! In any case, like I said in the review, I definitely plan to read more in the AE universe, and when I do, I'll be posting reviews.

As for your offer, thanks, but I'm going to gratefully and respectfully decline. First of all, Population of Loss was short and it took me nearly a year just to get around to reading that! My reading list is a mile and half long, so I can't promise when I'll get around to reading them...and I'd feel kind of guilty taking them for free and not reading them right away.

Second, and more important, one of the benefits I find to reading stuff like this is the opportunity to support a new, underpaid author whose work I appreciate. And if you give me the books, I lose that opportunity! Rest assured, I'll be posting about my reviews here in the future, so you'll know what I say, when I say it!

Oh, and on a related note, I occasionally lurk around DeviantArt (it fascinates me, having no artistic talent of my own), and I recently stumbled across your wife's DA page. Let her know she has a fan; I really like her work.
Back to top Go down
MikeDiBaggio

MikeDiBaggio

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo   War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 10:33 am

No complaints from me, GB. I'm always happy to have full price purchases, too. I'm just glad you enjoyed the book.

I've passed your compliments on to my wife, as well. She is flattered that you like her work and promises that there is much more to come.
Back to top Go down
captainwhizz

captainwhizz

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo   War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 11:19 pm

This reminds me, I need to check whether I did actually post my review or not; I was certain that I had, but now I have a nagging doubt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo   War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo Empty

Back to top Go down

War of the Worlds Superhero Book Promo
Page 1 of 1