The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

John Carter of Mars goes big budget!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
argosail

argosail

John Carter of Mars goes big budget! Empty
PostSubject: John Carter of Mars goes big budget!   John Carter of Mars goes big budget! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:52 am

Oh hell yes! John Carter done with style! Check out the trailer for the next great sci-fi franchise opening March 2012:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167847-the-teaser-trailer-for-john-carter-debuts
Back to top Go down
thakowsaizmu

thakowsaizmu

PostSubject: Re: John Carter of Mars goes big budget!   John Carter of Mars goes big budget! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:07 pm

He looks a little young to be John, and I don't know that I am sold on Dejah, but I am looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: John Carter of Mars goes big budget!   John Carter of Mars goes big budget! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:04 pm

WOW! I've been waiting like 25 years for this movie, but after being disappointed by The Spirit and The Green Hornet, I didn't have high hopes for it. Now, I can't wait! It actually looks like they got it right!
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: John Carter of Mars goes big budget!   John Carter of Mars goes big budget! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:06 am

The problem with Spirit and Green Hornet is they decided to go the comedy route...although, I actually kinda like the stylized Spirit, Green Hornet was just horrendous....

I don't think the actor's age here is too distracting...he looks old enough and serious enough to be a war vet, but still young enough to jump 50 feet on mars or smash a thark's face in....plus, this could, potentially, have a lot of sequels, and this guy could play Jonn for the next 10 years...I think he's got a good "Tarzan"/Burroughs kinda look to him...
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: John Carter of Mars goes big budget!   John Carter of Mars goes big budget! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:51 am

Yeah, I'm not overly bothered by the actor's apparent age, either. To be honest, he looks a little younger than I envisioned John Carter as being, but that may be a generational thing. When I (or most people today) hear "war vet," they think of someone in at least their 30s. But a LARGE number of soldiers in the Civil War were 21 or younger; some even got into the army (originally as musicians) at the age of 13! So, putting John Carter in his early 20s is logical...
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: John Carter of Mars goes big budget!   John Carter of Mars goes big budget! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:25 am

Actually, the actor (Taylor Kitsch) is 30, and to me, he looks it...but maybe that's because we are close in age...
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: John Carter of Mars goes big budget!   John Carter of Mars goes big budget! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:56 am

So, are saying I'm old?

'Scuse me while I go yell at some kids to get off my lawn... ;-)
Back to top Go down
thakowsaizmu

thakowsaizmu

PostSubject: Re: John Carter of Mars goes big budget!   John Carter of Mars goes big budget! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:05 pm

Are they on your lawn again? I know you keep telling them to get off. Have you tried shaking your fist at them?
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: John Carter of Mars goes big budget!   John Carter of Mars goes big budget! EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:32 am

I don't know what you mean Bard, based on your posts, I assumed you were about 6. J/k....I was raised to respect the elderly. If it wasn't for men like you, we wouldn't have fire or the wheel, and we'd be hiding in caves from dinosaurs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Carter of Mars goes big budget!   John Carter of Mars goes big budget! Empty

Back to top Go down

John Carter of Mars goes big budget!
Page 1 of 1