The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?

Go down 
+3
GoldenBard
argosail
Yzz
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
argosail

argosail

Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:55 pm

WOW! Awesome work Code-man. As someone who has played around with Illustrator and Correl Draw, I appreciate the skill it takes to do something like that. What program do you use? Do you have a gallery somewhere?

Back to top Go down
CodeAndReload

CodeAndReload

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:50 am

I use Illustrator CS3. I have Flash to go with it, but I pretty much purely vector and draw stuff in Illustrator.
Tracing over stuff is a lot easier than freehand, and tracing over a drawing is easier than a photograph.

I don't have a formal gallery but I have been creating some wallpapers (codeandreload.com/?s=wallpaper&commercial-use=-nc&modification_rights=-nd) that are CC-BY-NC-ND that are free to distribute as-is. I haven't posted a link in the art forum, but I will soon.

I also do have a deviantart account at: codeandreload.deviantart.com ; currently, I only have Black Lantern Midnight on there right now.
Back to top Go down
http://codeandreload.com
Florian R. Guillon

Florian R. Guillon

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:33 am

Nice job! And yes, we need more Kaiju and Super Robots! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://arcadiagraphicstudio.blogspot.fr
CodeAndReload

CodeAndReload

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:19 am

Vagrant, I'd like to upload the source files (illustrator and svg) if you are okay with that. If you are, let me know if you want attribution (cc-by) or not (cc-0).
Back to top Go down
Vagrant

Vagrant

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Attribution would be nice, despite it being an open source design I went for, attribution is always pleasant.
Back to top Go down
CodeAndReload

CodeAndReload

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:43 am

The source files are available at:

http://codeandreload.com/?attachment_id=839

The zip includes ai, svg, eps, pdf, and png.

Feel free to start working on some falcons to dock with the Thunder Robo or whatever else you guys can come up with.

If you don't have a vector editor, you can download inkscape (inkscape.org) or edit it in the cloud with Aviary's Raven (http://www.aviary.com) .
Back to top Go down
CodeAndReload

CodeAndReload

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:01 am

Voltron has the Voltron keys, Gurren Lagann has the Core-Drill, any idea what this robot should have to start up?
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:00 am

GoldenBard wrote:
I'm in the same boat as argosail: Not really my area of expertise, but I could probably contribute a little bit and it might be fun!

Should we also throw in a growing android/robot hero like Ultraman? Or what about a full-on "Power Rangers" type team?

I'd certainly like to see an Ultraman type, and some sort of Ranger/Sentai group with the individual robots/vehicles than combine into the one huge mega-whatever.
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 7:25 am

I had an idea, but I was looking for someone to possible sketch one out so I would write easier if I could see it. If anyone's interested, pls PM me.
Back to top Go down
CodeAndReload

CodeAndReload

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:58 am

SuperHeroFan wrote:
I had an idea, but I was looking for someone to possible sketch one out

Is this related to the sentai stuff from your 'Characters / Stories' thread, or something else?
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Yeah, its all related. And, IMHO it's not what we've seen before, or anything I've seen.
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 2:55 pm

GoldenBard wrote:
I'm in the same boat as argosail: Not really my area of expertise, but I could probably contribute a little bit and it might be fun!

Should we also throw in a growing android/robot hero like Ultraman? Or what about a full-on "Power Rangers" type team?
I could get behind this quite easily. Any ideas, as this thread has been dormant for a bit?
Back to top Go down
CodeAndReload

CodeAndReload

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:55 am

SuperHeroFan wrote:
GoldenBard wrote:

I could get behind this quite easily. Any ideas, as this thread has been dormant for a bit?
At some point this probably warrants its own thread. As for a sentai-team, I'd like to a musical-themed one.
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 7:43 am

Code, what did you think of the Kyoruger, and now the new sentai, ToQGer I think it is.

I was disappointed with PR:Megaforce after they decided to adapt the Gokaiger theme and then butcher it by not including the pre-MMPR teams. I know that in the PR Universe they started with MMPR and I can't remember the sentai team off hand that was the basis for it, but they were considering using Jetman as the first Saban team.

IMHO, using the many sentai teams before MMPR could have given them a more base of teams that didn't have to have any history behind them so to speak. If one pre-MMPR team seemed to be liked more, then base a new series on them.

I would have liked to see a Jetman, Liveman, Go-Busters or even a Bio-Man series adaptation.
Back to top Go down
CodeAndReload

CodeAndReload

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:55 pm

SuperHeroFan wrote:
Code, what did you think of the Kyoruger, and now the new sentai, ToQGer I think it is.

Not too familiar with Kyoruger yet.  It is weird to keep going back to dinosaurs, but I get that the name is a pun on Zyuranger and it is to somewhat celebrate the PR anniversary.

As for ToQGer, I think it is going to be hard to convince Amercians that they care about trains, unlike the Japanese.

SuperHeroFan wrote:

I was disappointed with PR:Megaforce after they decided to adapt the Gokaiger theme and then butcher it by not including the pre-MMPR teams.

We did/are getting some kind of Dairanger representation, and hopefully Saban will license some of the other Mecha (like Variblune) that is difficult to edit around, and just use the excuse that it belongs to the Dairanger modes.

I'm hoping that Dairanger gets an adaptation in other media so Saban doesn't need to be restricted to very old Thunderzord footage. A series of backup stories in a comic would be cool. Heck, I'd even go for animated webisodes, or something along those lines.

Hopefully the Megaforce powers and Super Megaforce powers get split up by the end of the season. It is going to be awkward when the two teams are present in any future specials, especially when Tommy is like five different rangers on five different teams!

SuperHeroFan wrote:

I know that in the PR Universe they started with MMPR and I can't remember the sentai team off hand that was the basis for it, but they were considering using Jetman as the first Saban team.

IMHO, using the many sentai teams before MMPR could have given them a more base of teams that didn't have to have any history behind them so to speak. If one pre-MMPR team seemed to be liked more, then base a new series on them.

I would have liked to see a Jetman, Liveman, Go-Busters or even a Bio-Man series adaptation.

Go-busters might be in the Kyoryuger adaptation, somehow.

Many Sentai teams (especially the earlier ones) are mostly for nostalgia. I don't think Battle Fever J, etc would work with a modern audience.

Saban does try to pull off a show on a shoestring budget, so licensing those shows might be difficult. I'm not sure if Toei would go for it either. If Saban could use more footage unedited and explain them away, I think it would.

Surprisingly there is an LCARS-like panel in the second episode of Super Megaforce which was probably re-purposed for the show.
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 6:38 pm

Code,

Have you seen Akibaranger, the one they say is more 'mature'? They have a shot of an LCARS panel on the wall of their hangout/HQ. IMO, it looks like it wasn't changed at all.
Back to top Go down
CodeAndReload

CodeAndReload

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 11:54 am

SuperHeroFan wrote:

I was disappointed with PR:Megaforce after they decided to adapt the Gokaiger theme and then butcher it by not including the pre-MMPR teams.

I stand corrected, as of episode 5, which includes Maskman and Flashman as new modes. I suspect that it was left in due to lack of budget.

Not to sure how I feel about that yet, unless it is explained further along.
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:29 am

**I stand corrected, as of episode 5, which includes Maskman and Flashman as new modes. I suspect that it was left in due to lack of budget.

**Not to sure how I feel about that yet, unless it is explained further along.

I've not watched any PR:SM yet, I wanted to watch enough to fill a 2 hr block. I hate waiting a week for new episodes of anything lol. So, Maskman and Flashman are in, but no glimpse of Liveman or Jetman? Sighh..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?   Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do we need some OS Kaiju &/or Super Robots?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3