The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

tyrant universe characters

Go down 
+2
argosail
golden dude
6 posters
AuthorMessage
golden dude

tyrant universe characters Empty
PostSubject: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:23 am

hey,argosail,
the three tyrant universe characters are awesome,
i can't wait to see more of them.
i would like to create my own versions of them,
keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Thanks dude. There will be more soon.
Back to top Go down
golden dude

PostSubject: can't wait   tyrant universe characters EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:42 pm

argosail wrote:
Thanks dude. There will be more soon.
yeah,i can't wait,
i would like to create
my own versions of the first three that were posted.
Back to top Go down
Ten Cent Hero

Ten Cent Hero

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Hey Argosail, Is there a place I can see these Tyrant Universe Characters? I am a little
slow at trying to navigate this forum. Also I can't seem to get to your freeunivers1.ws website.
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:38 am

I couldn't agree more. Whether it's the antimatter universe of Qward, a villain who coincidentally mirrors the hero, Earth-3, a mirror world, or the Tyrant Universe, I've always liked the idea of a hero battling a dark, twisted version of himself or herself (or his or her best friend, partner, or even a relative). Especially when fighting one's own doppelganger, there is something surreal and almost symbolic about battling one's dark side. Despite this, it never occurred to me to create such characters for the public domain heroes. I'm sure glad you thought of it, Argosail! Because now that the floodgate's open, I may have to play around with this concept in the near future!

Oh, and TenCentHero, the characters are on the Free Universe site, which is down right now because Argosail's looking for a new host. Hopefully, he'll find one soon and be back in business!
Back to top Go down
Ten Cent Hero

Ten Cent Hero

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:43 am

Cool. Thanks for letting me know. Look forward to seeing the new site come up.
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:36 am

Yes, the site is down at the moment...I'm not really liking the way this server works, so I may move all my files to a new one. I will keep you updated. I think I'm going to set a new launch date of Jan. 31...that should give me plenty of time to finish all the updates I want to do. I have nearly a dozen characters to update with, including, Magno, the Clock, the Shield, Astro-Man, Iron Jaw and a few other lovely surprises, including a few new "Tyrant Universe" characters.

Yes, it seems to me that nearly every superhero eventually must face their evil doppleganger, and my favorites are those from an alternate reality where they are almost the exact same person, just with different motivations. It's a perfectly even fight. I concieved of the "Tyrant Universe" where everyone's attitude about life is the opposite. In this universe, free nations, including the United States itself, is oppressive, and so are the villains who enforce its dark ideals. It's a lot of fun thinking....how could these heroes go terribly wrong??? What would they be, if they weren't heroes?
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: which ones?   tyrant universe characters EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 am

argosail wrote:
Yes, the site is down at the moment...I'm not really liking the way this server works, so I may move all my files to a new one. I will keep you updated. I think I'm going to set a new launch date of Jan. 31...that should give me plenty of time to finish all the updates I want to do. I have nearly a dozen characters to update with, including, Magno, the Clock, the Shield, Astro-Man, Iron Jaw and a few other lovely surprises, including a few new "Tyrant Universe" characters.

Yes, it seems to me that nearly every superhero eventually must face their evil doppleganger, and my favorites are those from an alternate reality where they are almost the exact same person, just with different motivations. It's a perfectly even fight. I concieved of the "Tyrant Universe" where everyone's attitude about life is the opposite. In this universe, free nations, including the United States itself, is oppressive, and so are the villains who enforce its dark ideals. It's a lot of fun thinking....how could these heroes go terribly wrong??? What would they be, if they weren't heroes?
Which new tyrant universe characters will you be adding to the free universe site?
That is good news!
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:52 am

The next three characters with profiles for the Tyrant Universe will be Frenzy (The Shark), Green Bolt (Blue Bolt), Silver Terror (Silver Streak...I might make him "Gold Streak"). After that, you will see Battle Master (Captain Battle), Treason (Pat Patriot) and the White Agent (Black Terror).
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 am

Cool stuff, Argosail. Yeah, having the entire universe be the opposite of this universe is very interesting, but realistically it presents a lot of problems. I actually heard of someone who tried to do a negative universe that was so opposite that England actually had a Revolutionary War to break away from the American Empire! It's a neat concept, but realistically this would create a world SO different from ours that it would basically be unrecognizable! Of course, when all you're talking about is comics, there's no need to get so intense about it.... We can just pick the parts that would work for the story and run with it!

I really like the Green Bolt.... I guess he is stopped in his world domination schemes by the Blue Sorceress? As for the Silver's Streak's opposite, have you considered the "Sinister Streak?"
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:43 am

Another possibility. For Pat Patriot, instead of just "Treason," why not call her opposite "Trish Treason?"
Back to top Go down
Yzz

Yzz

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:58 am

Re: The Tyrannoverse

I'd just ask that you please don't make everything mirror-opposites. While this is very good in short arcs for a shock, in longer-running stories it doesn't very intresting.

Take Earth-3/Three/Anti
"Good guys are evil and vice versa!"
Then you start to wonder...if all these evil metas are ruling the world with an iron fist, acting with impunity with no fear of retalition and the good guys can never truly win because their just as useless as their "real" counterparts...What's the point of fighting?

I think the way to go is 70-80% mirrorverse with 30-20% normalverse.
Examples using DCU:
*Batman is evil. Gotham's cops are evil. But the populace would fight back. They want to tear down the corrupt system. But Bats & the cops aren't completely insane. All of Bats' rogues are still evil, perhaps even moreso. They kill when they want, who they want, where they want. Bats and the Cops also kill people, but because they know that need bodies to do the hard labor and maintain the infrastructure, killing someone without a "valid" reason can get you in trouble. So the people have 2 choices; The facist and corrupt Bats & Cops who are cruel but who tend to behave themselves or the insane murderers who may or may not kill you because they feel like it.
*A young pilot named Hal Jordan receives a power ring from a dying alien. He is part of a pan-galactic police force. They're not corrupt like the cops he grew up around. So he pratices on Oa for a bit. Then he swings back down to Earth, full of righteous fury, ready to topple the Syndicate once and for all. He flees from the encounter, almost dead, kept alive only by his ring's functions. He is strong, yes, gifted with technology so advanced that it appears to be magic. But he is only one man. One man, strong of heart but weak of body. He has not returned to Earth in almost two years. He scours sector 2814, hoping that he may find some to help him.

~~Yzz
Back to top Go down
http://yzzverse.blogspot.com/
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:43 am

Well, like anything created for the "Free Universe" the Tyrant Universe (I like Tyrannoverse) is open to interpretation and can be portrayed as suits ones plot.

Yes, Earth 3 is certainly a model for the Tyrant Verse, but I agree...I don't like the idea of super villians ruling the world. My thoughts were that the only thing that is "opposite" about this universe is people's motivations. However good they are, they more evil their counterparts. However evil they are, the more good. So, yes, Blue Sorceress would be attempting to stop Green Bolt in his quest for world domination. It is called the tyrant verse, because whereas in this world, most nations are free and peaceful, in the tyrant world, most nations are inherantly oppressive and "patriots" like Captain Freedom are actually champions of oppression. Nations like Iran would be the "freedom fighters" of the world. Obviously, living in this world would utterly suck...but there is no reason to think that the heroes of this world could not rise to the occassion and fight the good fight against tyranny.

In this world, the US didn't invade England, but Washington did seek to create his own Kingdom and break away from the elected president of England.

Of course this idea does present some basic logical paradoxes. For example, with Pat Patriot...I am calling her treason, but if she hates the oppressive government that still makes her a good girl. So, with her, she has to have a desire to create an even more sisnister anarachy. Also, for Blue Bolt and Greeen Sorceress to be opposite, they have to switch Kingdoms (because Deltos guarded the passage to the upper world), and Green Sorceress has to change skin color...so...yeah....

If you can put aside minor flaws like that, I think the idea works....

Of course the underlying flaw is that morality is subjective...it's hard to say exactly what is good and what is the opposite....obviously not everyone in this world can be a killer, just because their opposites aren't....everyone would be dead. So we just have to say that maybe thier degree of selfishness vs. selflessness is opposite...I don't know...something like that...

It's hard to get too technical about it...
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:29 am

You're right, Argosail, it's very easy to overthink this stuff. But, if you look at the stuff you've already done, you can see that logic shouldn't play a big part in this. Really, would the evil Dan Garrett bother maintaining a secret identity? It would be so much easier to just stay Blood Beetle all the time and run all the crime in the city. But is that any more or less logical than a guy who suddenly gets superpowers putting on tights and going crazy trying to juggle two identities (and don't get me started on the whole "Gee, the woman I love only likes my superhero identity" subplot...).

Sometimes you just gotta throw logic out the window and play with a cool character for no other reason than because he's a cool character!
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:41 am

Well, I am one who likes to keep a story as logical as possible...and even with strange fantasy concepts, I try to maintain a degree of internal logic...but yes, there are certain points at which it is necessary to simply suspend disbelief. The idea of a "mirror" universe in which something about it is drastically different, but the world is still a very close parallel to the one we know, despite that drastic difference...yeah, that's a point where you might have to suspend a little disbelief. Still, it's good to maintin internal logic in a story.

Oh, and I am definitely going to use your suggesstion on "Sinister Streak"...I didn't think of that one, but I like it...
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:11 am

Oh, I agree with you, Argosail, but the key is that the logic is "internal." Once you set up the rules of the universe, you have to stick with them. I'm just saying that the rules that are set up in a fictional universe can be totally illogical if viewed from within this universe that we laughingly call "reality..."

Glad you liked Sinister Streak. It just popped into my head, and I love alliteration, so it felt right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tyrant universe characters   tyrant universe characters Empty

Back to top Go down

tyrant universe characters
Page 1 of 1