The Free Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums for Public Domain Super Heroes Wiki and The Free Universe! Discuss public domain and open license properties.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Argosail of the Free Universe

Go down 
+8
Vagrant
great dude
bchat
golden dude
GoldenBard
PhantomofDoom
Yzz
argosail
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
great dude

Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:40 am

Hi,Argosail,how was your christmas?
Also,will you be adding the black bat to the free universe site soon,
since he is appearing in the masks mini-series from dynamite entertainment?
Sorry to ask!
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:59 am

Well, it's beena about 9the months sinceevery the lastlove update on the Free Universe site, but I finally got around to it! IBAC, Moloka and Najar! Not first string names, but I think they're cool characters. Also updated the Atlas.

I will have a few more updates soon, but life is very busy. Hang in there, the site will continue to grow, even if it's slow. There have been a tidal wave of updates on the PDSH wiki though....
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:12 am

argosail wrote:
Well, it's beena about 9the months sinceevery the lastlove update on the Free Universe site, but I finally got around to it! IBAC, Moloka and Najar! Not first string names, but I think they're cool characters. Also updated the Atlas.

I will have a few more updates soon, but life is very busy. Hang in there, the site will continue to grow, even if it's slow. There have been a tidal wave of updates on the PDSH wiki though....
Wow,awesome,keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
argosail

argosail

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:51 pm

Thanks great dude. I added Ant Queen, the Creeper and The Eel today!
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:19 am

You're welcome.,keep up the good work,by the way,i have some questions:
1.How is your role-playing game coming along?
2.Is your role-playing game scheduled for a 2013,or 2014 release?
3.Will you be adding more MLJ,fawcett,and quality heroes to the free universe site?
Back to top Go down
EstevaoART

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 12:02 am

Hey

I'm new... I'm excited to be on the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://EstevaoArt.Blogspot.ca
Yzz

Yzz

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:34 am

Welcome, EsteveoART!

It's been a while since I've really been here. Nice to see that it's chugging along still.
Back to top Go down
http://yzzverse.blogspot.com/
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:40 pm

I check here often, and am surprised it's so quiet one can hear a pin drop.
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:21 am

Hi,argosail,sorry to bother you,but I have some questions to ask you:
1.Are you finally going to do more updates to the free universe site this year?
2.Will your role-playing games finally be released this year?
3.What are the names of your role-playing games?
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 6:38 am

Will the free universe site be updated anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 8:26 am

Feels weird to be posting to a thread that may be (unofficially) dead (Argosail hasn't posted for 5 years... If you get this in your email, we miss you, buddy!). But this was the only place that made sense to me, so here it goes....

When Argo posted his version of Phantom Lady to the Free Universe site, I was a little disappointed in his redesign (the only character he did that I felt that way about). To me, one of the hallmarks of PL is that she's always been one of comicdom's hottest heroines, and I felt the goth makeup made her kind of ugly.

Now, I'm still not 100% sold on the idea (and I'm not even convinced that it's necessary), but I'm rethinking the idea of makeup to hide her identity. The wife & I recently visited family she has out in New Mexico, and I saw some pictures/posters of Day of the Dead "sugar skull" makeup, and thought something like that might work for Phantom Lady. To get an idea of what I'm talking about, take a look at this:

http://www.skullspiration.com/sugar-skull-makeup-ideas/

Of course, she'd NEVER be able to do the makeup in a timely manner for an emergency situation, but logic has little to no place in a story about a woman fighting crime in a miniskirt, halter top, and high heels. So, what do you guys think? Could you see Sandra with this look?
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 5:18 pm

GB, or anyone that knows,

Is this site still active, I don't get anything for months, so I come back every 3 or 4 weeks, and nothing...

Has the PD hero craze peaked and crashed?
Back to top Go down
SuperHeroFan

PostSubject: Hello?   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 1:44 pm

It's mighty quiet in here, where's everyone? Is there another PD site like this that I find out about after the cool PD forum members leave?
Smile Come back!
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 8:05 am

Hey, SHF. Sorry it took me so long to respond, but I've had a lot of crazy RL stuff going on and I've just been really distracted. Yeah, things are crazy quiet around here, I also miss the more active days. But I just keep checking in, and if I find or think of something that I think is appropriate or might be interesting to someone, I still post it. Not much else I can do, unfortunately...

Actually, I don't think there was a "PD hero craze;" I think this was just a niche kind of thing. Most superhero forums/site just want to talk about the latest flavor of the month from Marvel/DC, or which big-budget movie is coming out next. Anything else is just ignored.

There's a PD superhero group on Facebook that's a little more more active, but not by much. But that's the only other place I've ever stumbled across that hosts this kind of conversation.

Back to top Go down
malpanda

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 1:16 pm

I keep intending to post things here, but I also have been overwhelmed with crazy RL stuff. Also, I didn't know about the facebook group until just now, so thank you for that. I just joined it. Maybe that will keep my PD projects frontwards of the back-burner.
GB, I like your makeup idea. It does blur the line a bit between Phantom Lady and Fantomah, but that's not always a bad thing. It might fit a character I'm working on (a variation on Argosail's variation of the Phantom Lady) called the Phantom Queen (like a certain figure from Celtic mythology). Basically, she's the mysterious string-puller rallying together the heroes to oppose Richard Mord/Dr. Death and his alliance of monsters from the Beyond. She has subtle but far-reaching illusion powers, so her costume doesn't need to be logical or even physically possible. (me: "can she look like her skin is constantly dripping blood? what if she has no face, but over that she wears a wig and a mask that looks like a face?" artistically-talented friend: "uh...I'll see what I can do.")
Back to top Go down
GoldenBard

GoldenBard

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 9:24 am

That's funny, mal. But if you get a chance, post your stuff here anyway! I'm going to put a link to the board on the FB group; couldn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:31 am

When will the free universe site finally be updated?
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 3:57 am

Will the free universe site finally be updated anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 7:33 am

Any plans to update the free universe site?
Back to top Go down
great dude

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 12:49 am

argosail wrote:
Thanks great dude! There is still more to come, it's just that I don't get as much time to work on it as I nee and I don't want any profiles to be half assed. Stay tuned for more!

For those who haven't seen yet, I've posted profiles for Captain Marvel, Shield, Thor and Stardust! I've also done massive updates of the atlas (which now includes about 200 fictional planets from PD works), the elements section and the links in the literary character section.
will you revive the free universe site soon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argosail of the Free Universe   Argosail of the Free Universe - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argosail of the Free Universe
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7